Problems with my new Prowler, hope a Heartland higher up will see and help...

amburjoe

Well I'm not sure where to begin... My wife and I just purchased through our local dealer and strait from the factory a brand new Prowler 297P BHS. It took approximately 6 weeks to get and we were excited when it showed up at the dealer. They did their inspection of the camper and we finally got it 2 days later. We decided to take it out the next day. during the next week of camping this is what we discovered...

The sink in the bathroom had the hot and cold water switched around and they also had hot water feeding the toilet. (this is because the factory had the hose colors switched around causing the problem) They had to re plumb the bathroom. The shower walls are loose and if you grab the soap dish you can move the wall in and out. Its not glued to the main wall and it is not caulked at the bottom where the tub and shower wall meet. The faucet in the shower was missing a screw and there was a gap between the wall and the faucet that we had to fill in after replacing the screw. In the bunk, if you lift up the mattress the hinge has pulled from the bed frame and it sags. The cabinet doors to the pantry by the bathroom the top hinge is bent and the screws loose. The bottom hinge is missing two screws with only one holding the hinge on. The bathroom door the top and middle hinges are bent like a U and the screws are almost pulled through. (Like someone hung on the top of the door) The door knob sticks every time and will not return. The rear speaker does not work. The kitchen table is so wobbly that you cannot place anything with liquid on it because it will spill. (Looking at some videos of other Prowler camper tables it appears our legs are put on the wrong direction. There is a 5 inch cut in the carpet in front of the slide. (It appears that they accidentally cut the carpet too far and tried to fix it by stapling it on both sides and sewing it. It is coming apart. Definitely not working.) The seal around the front door has been pulled too tight and is not sticking around the curved part of the top of the door. All the corners of the doors the laminate is coming off and you can see the white wood underneath. This includes the laminate tape they used to hide where the cupboards meet. On the outside of the camper we have a large rear door. From the inside I could see light across the top of the door as it was not sealing. I went outside and noticed that the bottom of the door frame had a small crease in it. Then I noticed that the top corner of the frame had been beaten on and the screw appeared to have been moved. Then it occurred to me that someone had grabbed the bottom of the door and tried to bend it. They bent it too far and the door started to hit in the top corner. So to fix this someone backed the frame screw out and beat on the frame to push the frame back and then tightened the screw. This took paint off the frame, bent it and now the dead bolt does not work. Finally I had a trickle of water coming from the sewer dump tube. (thank God it was just gray water and not black) So long story short lol I was emptying the tanks and this strip of glue come out of the tube. It was approximately a foot long, 1 inch wide and yellow. I was shaped in a L form. Then it occurred to me that it was in the tank and started to come out. It got stuck at the cutoff door and was wedged in the door and the water was leaking around it. It does not leak anymore.

So with all this wrong we took it our dealer. We told them we were not happy with the camper and wanted to send this one back or something needed to be done. They acted like it was no big deal and that it was under warranty and they could fix it. If it was not up to our standards after the repairs they would talk about a replacement.

FIX IT?! REALLY?! Its BRAND NEW a week old from the factory! We shouldn't have to fix this much stuff should we? I mean I payed $23,000 for this thing! I could see 1, 2 or 3 years down the road for this to happen. Its been a week. I don't want it all fixed I want it sent back and a new one to replace it! One where someone at the factory gives a crap about how its assembled. This camper should have NEVER been let out of the factory this way! Can you tell I'm not very impressed.:mad::confused:

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Well Joe, I can certainly understand the way you feel. Sadly a lot of these, actually most of these issues should have been caught during inspections at the Heartland facility. I think that a thorough inspection by you and the dealer at the time of delivery might have uncovered a good portion of them as well.
I guess the best thing to do now is either let your dealer do what they can or, you call Heartland Customer service and let them know everything you've discovered. I would make a list so you don't forget anything during the phone conversation. Get the name of the people you talk to. Get pictures if you can and e-mail them to Heartland.
I'd be surprised if you get a replacement trailer but you should certainly be able to get these issues resolved. Good Luck and by the way,for what it's worth, Welcome to the Heartland Forum and Family. Heartland has been known for Customer Service so hang in there.

Nathan

angry, frustrated, upset, and dissapointed. I hear ya. Many trailers have to go back for issues. My best friend and I both bought Heartland Products. I bought a North Trail and he a Prowler. Both have had to go back for warranty items. Unfortunately, these are houses on wheels and things happen. Once you get these issues fixed then you should be good to go. What I did was I went over everything, I mean everything with a fine tooth comb.. Do the same. Heartland does stand by their products. Good luck and let us know how you make out!

tcbrady

amburjoe - I want you to know that Heartland always stands behind our products. I'm definitely disappointed to hear about your issues with this new Prowler unit. Please get me the VIN and the dealer for your Prowler unit so we can quickly react.

I apologize for the inconvenience and I look forward to hearing from your soon.

Coley

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
amburjoe - I want you to know that Heartland always stands behind our products. I'm definitely disappointed to hear about your issues with this new Prowler unit. Please get me the VIN and the dealer for your Prowler unit so we can quickly react.

Coley

Awesome, awesome, awesome!

rick_debbie_gallant

Coley

Mr. Brady:

Excellent response sir. I understand that there is a new " Quality Check lane" program started. I am hoping that it will discover some of the misgivings and production miscues that seem to be popping up in some of your brands. My hat is off to you sir, keep up the good work Heartland.

Nathan

Coley

Not for nothing, but where else are you going to get a response from the VP of Sales on an "Owners Forum". No where but Heartland Products is the answer! I hope this makes you feel more comfortable with your purchase. It is extremely unfortunate that your unit is in the state that it is, but I am sure the issues will be rectified!

amburjoe

Hello everyone,

I have replied to Mr. Brady and I am very excited that I have gotten a response from him. I look forward to working with Mr. Brady and Heartland to resolve any and all issues. I am still glad I purchased my Prowler and when the issues are resolved I look forward to many years of camping in it. ;)

wdk450

Amburjoe:
I think your thread title has been answered.
Heartland listens to us and cares.