Use of 303 Protectant in Lieu of Wax

hillsonwheels

I bought a gallon of 303 at the Tampa RV show. Just now got around to applying it. My initial thoughts after doing the roof was that it's a good product. After working one afternoon on the front cap, I began to have my doubts because of streaking. Knowing Southern Nights and Flying Dutchman had used it, gave them a call. Larry seemed not too imressed and Eric was bragging about the product. Both cautioned about using too much. And, I've since read on the forum the same caution.

This is to relay my solution to the "too much" issue. I really was having trouble applying with the sprayer. What I did today was to pour some in a container, take a 3"x5" dishwashing sponge and dip it into the solution. I then squeezed all the excess out of the sponge. I used the sponge to apply to a 3'x3' area and wiped it dry. My problems with streaking went away! I could get three uses out of the sponge before having to rewet it. I'm now about half way around the "Horn" using shade as I can and I'm beginning to feel "mobettah" about the product. Would've finished but I got rained out........thank God for that. We need it.

I'll be interested to find out if the claims about ease of bug removal from front cap are as broadcast.

Just thought I'd present a possible solution to you all for consideration if you use 303.

Dick

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I'll be interested to find out if the claims about ease of bug removal from front cap are as broadcast. Dick

Thanks for the information! 303 is a great product. I really like it for plastic, vinyl and rubber parts including my tires. Don't know how it works with bug removal as I use Rejex on the front cap. I can assure you Rejex does help with bug removal. I use it on my bike too!

TXBobcat

Fulltime
I had John at Buckhorn RV Park in Kerrville TX wash and wax my trailer. He use Rejex on the entire trailer. When I went to remove the bugs off the front they came off fairly easy. It does make it shine. However you need to have a nice finish on your trailer when using Rejex. It has helped my trailer but I need to do work on some chalking before I use the Rejex on all surfaces. I have found that Rejex is hard to find. I did find a business around Dallas that sells it for his boating bussiness. It is suppose to be good on glass also. They recommend using it on your windshield to remove bugs and make rain run off easily.

BC

Vtxkid

Dick, I use 303 on just about everything outside of the RV and although I have a tendencey to put a little to much on at times, I like the results afterwards. Love the way the side walls bead up every time it rains.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I have 7 grandkids. I set out some buckets, soapy water, a water hose, rags, wax and towels to buff with and tell the kids not to touch any of it or the trailer. It's usually completely washed and waxed with a couple of hours. :angel:

sjs731

I used Rejex this year after I got my 5er out of storage. I had posted in another thread also that it was about a 6 or 7 hour job but it looks great and the bugs come right off with very little effort. Also any black streaks I have noticed wipe off like they are dust. Highly recommend Rejex. I haven't tried Rejex on my windshield.

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
You are one smart cookie, Dick. I will use your application method, sounds to me like a winner. Yes, I do like the 303 product.

Jarhead

USMC Phantom Phixer
I've been using 303 over the past five years and am very pleased with the results. I too found that less is best.

Manzan

I use 303 on my NT 21 FBS and after a trip in February there were some bugs splat on the front. Weather was not compatible with washing the rig so let it sit. Rain washed the bugs off (we live in Seattle). Will put another coat on before we leave for Gillette Sunday.