Shower Door Drip Edge

RickNB

There is a small metal drip edge across the bottom of the shower door that fell off the other day it looks like it was held on by a adhesive of some kind. Has anybody else experienced this and what was the fix. I am thinking maybe a couple of short metal screw would be better than an adhesive that gets a lot of water and moisture.

Have Fun
Rick

jbeletti

H iRick,

Do advise Heartland Customer Service (574-262-8030) of this as well. This may be new for them or perhaps it will show a pattern.

Consider stainless steel screws if you go that route.

Jim

vangoes

RickNB
It fell off my BH 3055 also. I cleaned off the old adhesive and applied RVgoop. So far so good.

Uncle Rog

Nothing new about that one, I cleaned off whatever they used and stuck it back in place with some silicone and used three small brass self tappers to insure a lasting fix....................

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
Mine also, used some stuff I got at Ace Hardware. It was labeled caulk/adhesive but can't remember the name it came in med. size squeeze tube in clear or white. It feel like caulk when done but sets up really quick.---Ken

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
We had the same problem. Solved it by cleaning off all the old adhesive and reattached using 3M mounting tape. Be sure to buy exterior or waterproof tape. It's been holding for 6 months now. I've used the same tape to remount auto exterior trim and have had great results.

Pulltab

Same here, fell off within 1 week of owning the rv. I re attached with silicone when I sealed the shower.

RickNB

Thanks Everyone

With all those suggestions I should be able t make it so secure it will never come off again.

Have Fun
Rick

JJAK17

I guess I feel left out. Mine has not fallen off..... YET. When it finally does I will be prepared for a fix.

RickNB

JJAK Dont feel bad give it time your turn will come :)None
maybe you will be lucky and have a different problem and then the rest of us will feel left outNone

Have Fun

Rick

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
use is the key

JJAK17, You may find it necessary to use the shower more frequently inorder to experience the problem. Just kidding, but I bet it will get some use on the trip out west. Mine came off my BH and I used the 3M double sided tape. It seems to be holding.