North Trail 29 BUDS Bedroom Heat Issue

ZNK

I searched through all of the threads but couldn't find a thread directly related to my issue.

My family and I have stayed in our travel trailer now twice, both times the temperatures at nigh have dropped fairly low. Low enough where it was uncomfortable sleeping. We had our heater on and the middle / end of the trailer was quite warm. The problem is with our bedroom doors closed the heat does not reach the bedroom. I looked all around and could not find any heat vents in the front bedroom portion of the trailer. I have read some recommendations on using a space heater to supplement the heat, however I am a bit worried to use a space heater in such a small area where the heater could tip over and potentially start a fire. Has anyone experienced this issue and what did you do to help mitigate the problem? Can anyone recommend a safe space heater for use in a travel trailer?

CliffP

We have the same issue. We kept the bedroom door open so the vent by the sink blew into the bedroom. We were plenty warm. We also have electric heaters for the bunkhouse and bedroom, still keep the door open with the heater just outside. I could think of no other way to do it without causing a safety issue.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
We don't have a BUDS, but I can recommend this Vornado heater: Click Here it's quiet and really circulates the heat in the room.

Erika

pegmikef

I have read some recommendations on using a space heater to supplement the heat, however I am a bit worried to use a space heater in such a small area where the heater could tip over and potentially start a fire. Can anyone recommend a safe space heater for use in a travel trailer?

Most of the space heaters now adays have a safety feature so if they get tipped over, it automatically shuts off. I bought a small one at Walmart, but don't remember the name of it. When you are looking, check for the safety feature to make sure it has it. Mine just has a spring loaded switch on the bottom. It runs when the spring is depressed (i.e., when the heater is standing upright) and stops when the spring opens like when it falls over.

POCOHORSE

Troy & Tracy Chaddon
We've used space heaters in our North Trail several times so that we don't use up the propane. We've used two small heaters on different circuits with no problems. We only use heaters with tip-over kill switches and thermostats. Why use your propane when you can use the electricity at the park, right?

Tracy

danemayer

We have a couple of Pelonis Ceramic Disc Heaters If they tip over, they shut off. They also make some other safety claims related to the surface temperature of the device. It's efficient, thermostatically controlled, and smart. If the room only needs a little heating, it only draws a little power. I've measured and it varies between 7 and 14 amps. It's small but will definitely keep your bedroom warm.