Surge Guard 40240 Installation in a Cyclone

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
Here are a few pictures of my experience
I opted to install after the transfer switch so I would protect not only from shore power problems but also issues that may occur with the onboard generator.
The Breaker panel (and fuse panel) in my Cyclone 3850 are in the bottom of the island in the kitchen. Inside the island cabinet is a box made of paneling to cover the wires and backsides of the breaker and fuse panels. The #6 wire had enough slack (barely) when removed from the breaker panel to reach the input side of the Surge Guard. I had to purchase a 3' piece to make the connection back to the breaker panel from the output side of the protector. Remember, some slack is needed to move the box back into place when connections are completed. I haven't yet decided where to mount the monitor panel.
There are so many possibilities for installation I thought I'd share my take on it.

Attachments

• DSC01503.jpg
    DSC01503.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 122
  • DSC01506.jpg
    DSC01506.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 119
  • DSC01507.jpg
    DSC01507.jpg
    172.3 KB · Views: 109

Bksvo

I installed mine in the basement right next to the transfer switch. I put the monitor next to the UDC so I could see it as soon as we hooked up. I'm not sure that is it's final resting place, but it works for now.

Interestingly, the first place we plugged in had an open ground.

100_4139.jpg100_4137.jpg

NWILSON

Kentucky Chapter Leaders - retired
I've decided a good plan for the monitor installation is adhesive back velcro. The monitor is now velcro-ed above the Surge Guard box and can be easily pulled out to read if necessary.