'Bubbles' in roof material...

marte48

Just picked up a North Trail 26LRSS and during the inspection process I noted 'Bubbles' in the roofing material. I called the factory and was advised this occurs and not to worry. As such I completed the transaction and drove the unit home yesterday.

:confused: Does anyone have any input on this issue???

Yes this is same as BLOG notice...

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
Pretty common for EPDM roofs or TPO for that matter to have some bubbles/wrinkles. All my RV's had a few. They should present no problem unless they begin to grow in size!

Best Wishes!

olcoon

I was concerned about the same issue...we've got a few on ours. While at the rally last year, we had a seminar by the company that makes them. When I asked about it, he said unless there is a major problem, like it waving like a flag while going down the road not to worry about it. He also said if it really concerns me, to take something & work the bubble towards a vent or something, (making sure not to puncture the EDPM), and let the air vent there. You'd have to remove some of the caulking at where you want vent it, then re-caulk it with Dicor 501 self-leveling lap sealant.

ucwinters

Had a North Trail 21 FBS, roof was smooth w/ no bubble/ridges. Traded for my Elkridge and has bubbles/ridges all over the place. Took pics and sent 'em to Heartland - was told "not to worry, seen that hundreds of times". Seems like sloppy work to me.

Ed W.

marte48

First, thanks to all that responded!

Second, the factory told me the same thing about bubbling being normal, and sent me copy of same from the roofing material manufacturer!