Genesis 2.0 menu not showing on tv

Stingerk

Hi,

So we just bought a new 2012 big country 3650. I usually am pretty competent when it comes to electronics however I was adjusting the audio setting for the Genesis 2.0 to match what it showed in the setup menu of the owners manual. I switched the genesis video setup from s-video to interlace ( like it showed however, that was wrong and I no longer have connection between the tv and stereo. I tried the factory reset and didn't fix it still can not get genesis menu back.

I've tried calling concertone.com and bob fields both by phone and email. I know they can send you reset instructions for this, however I can not get anyone to answer or reply back.

Please anyone that has these instructions could you pass them on! Thank you!

dave10a

I think it is poor design to require a remote monitor like a TV to access a devices set up screen. Maybe you should contact Heartland and see if they will trade your Genesis for a simular device that does not require a remote monitor for it basic set up....

BobFields

Please email me directly at bfields@aridiantech.com

Hi,

So we just bought a new 2012 big country 3650. I usually am pretty competent when it comes to electronics however I was adjusting the audio setting for the Genesis 2.0 to match what it showed in the setup menu of the owners manual. I switched the genesis video setup from s-video to interlace ( like it showed however, that was wrong and I no longer have connection between the tv and stereo. I tried the factory reset and didn't fix it still can not get genesis menu back.

I've tried calling concertone.com and bob fields both by phone and email. I know they can send you reset instructions for this, however I can not get anyone to answer or reply back.

Please anyone that has these instructions could you pass them on! Thank you!

BobFields

Dave10a, some would say it is much easier to read the menus on a big screen TV than it is on a small display. There are pros and cons for every design choice and as evidenced by your comment (which is purely subjective) not everyone will like every choice. And BTW, the basic setups are indeed on the local display, while the advanced menus are on the remote display.

Bob

I think it is poor design to require a remote monitor like a TV to access a devices set up screen. Maybe you should contact Heartland and see if they will trade your Genesis for a simular device that does not require a remote monitor for it basic set up....

dave10a

Dave10a, some would say it is much easier to read the menus on a big screen TV than it is on a small display. There are pros and cons for every design choice and as evidenced by your comment (which is purely subjective) not everyone will like every choice. And BTW, the basic setups are indeed on the local display, while the advanced menus are on the remote display.

Bob

Welp on my Genesis 3.0 the basic video setups are ONLY on the TV monitor and become active on the monitor when the DVD is inserted and if the wrong setup is selected the you will never get the DVD videor to play on the TV. I still consider it poor design if the basic and advance setups are not on the LCD of the unit being setup. I wrong choice in set up make the unit useless otherwise. To me this design consideration is simply a cost cutting measure by the programmer at the customer's expense. Other manufacturers allow setup menus on the devices basic LCD screen.

BobFields

Nothing is ever at the customer's expense. The differences make for CHOICES in features, benefits and costs (absolutely) thereby providing options for the buyer (whether at the factory or individual consumer). With more than a million units sold, we have learned a thing or two along the way and one is that you can never make everyone happy with one design, but we do work hard at trying.

I am sorry you don't like our approach, but that does not mean it is inferior in any way, shape or form. It just means you would prefer to see it done a different way. I have no problem with that at all, but your opinion however is just that and is neither right or wrong but simply a pronouncement of preference.

Hopefully we can agree there are many ways to do things and some will like them and some will not. I have you down in the not column. :)

Take care!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I agree with Bob. Even my expensive DVD player at home only has basic menu items on the player. Full setup info is displayed on the TV. Same with my TV remote, my WII, my FIOS box, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dave10a

Yes many home dvd players have the set up on the tv screen because they don't have the large LCD screen like Genesis, but they will allow you to go back to factory resets which revert back to a generic tv so you can still get your picture without doing a firmware update. The Genesis or Concertones will not do that for some reason. If they did we would not see several posts on this forum where the TV does not show the DVD. Also it would be nice if those who represent Genesis would post the firmware so we all could down load it with clear instructions on how to implement it. I d out discarded my Genesis 3.0 and installed a Sony system with Bose. Yes it cost me extra, but the piece of mind and quality of sound is worth it. I would recommend that Heartland would make it clear as to what they are installing when we order the "entertainmnet system" so we know what we are buying.

BobFields

AAAAHHHHH, Dave you speak of two different things completely!

The menu system on the TV Screen is one thing that is subjective. We can agree to disagree.

The firmware issue of which you speak is something COMPLETELY different!

First, we have updated the firmware so that people cannot make selections which are invalid. We have included this update on all new systems moving forward. Second, we prefer that WE provide anyone the update so that we ensure they get the current version. I am sure even you would agree that it makes more sense for someone to get the update from the manufacturer as opposed to someone off the internet!

I hope this clarifies your understanding of the issues.

dave10a

AAAAHHHHH, Dave you speak of two different things completely!

First, we have updated the firmware so that people cannot make selections which are invalid. We have included this update on all new systems moving forward. Second, we prefer that WE provide anyone the update so that we ensure they get the current version. I am sure even you would agree that it makes more sense for someone to get the update from the manufacturer as opposed to someone off the INTERNET!

I hope this clarifies your understanding of the issues.

Offering this firmware as download for all on this forum would be a nice gesture. Most vender's like Sony, Samsung, Dell, Microsoft, Toshiba, TCL, Philips to mention a few offer firmware updates on their web site. You could be that "someone" who could upload the firmware on this forum if you really wanted to help those who have units that do not have the update. Or as a minimum give us a web site that offers a valid update. My DVD player, Samsung, auto checks for up dates when connected to the Internet-- or I can do it manually as a down load........

BobFields

Ok Dave, your DVD player connected to the Internet at home is yet again a different animal, but you win. I accept your opinion as your opinion.
Happy camping!

Sajo

Good Morning Bob
We just purchased a 2103 Big Country 3650 and we love the coach. But, why in the world would Heartland send a completed unit to a customer without having some type of quality check for the entertainment center? I retired from an ISO certified company with very precise QC standards. We have the Genesis 2.0 and cannot get the surround sound to the tv, dvd player doesn't work with the tv, and it appears nothing is connected from the factory. For a unit that retails for $65,000, you would expect better QC. This would require a C.A.R. (corrective action report) from my company.It's a 400 mile round trip to the dealer we purchased the unit so I suppose I'll try to connect all the wires myself. Looking at the forum we're not the only ones with this problem! Please, install some type of QC standards for this area for your many future customers.

Thanks for listening,
sajo

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Sajo, FYI Bob Fields does not work for Heartland. He works for Aridian Technology and his presence here on the forum is to offer support for those that have the Genesis product.

Peace
Dave

Sajo

Thanks Dave for that info on Bob. I was not aware. Still, we're disappointed with the entertainment area.

sajo

BobFields

Hi Sajo, I am sorry for your inconvenience and I am confident Heartland performs the necessary QC. They are a great company and values their customers greatly! The difference may be in what they are hooking up and what you expect. This may be the difference between an option and an issue. I am unaware of the choices, but I can certainly help you with the additional connections. Please email me directly with your number if you want me to call you!