Satellite prep location???

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We had the dealer re-install our sat dome from our trade-in to our 3600RL...assumed they would use the sat prep. Returned to discover they ran all new wiring, bypassing the prep. When asked why, they said could not locate the prep wires and said the factory couldn't even tell them where it was.

We find this hard to believe! Is this possible? Now we have to figure out how to get satellite back in the bedroom...any ideas?

Needless to say, not too happy with Best Buy RV in Ohio!

jbeletti

kakampers,

I am not responding for the factory but just wanted to add a few comments for you and for others who may read this before they or their dealer attempt to find the pre-wired satellite wire.

Here's what I know:
  1. The factory pre-wire is a single coaxial cable. Worked perfect for my crank-up, single LNB dish.wire.
  2. For two receiver dome satellite dishes, "most" require "two" coaxial cables and a control/power cable.
  3. The pre-wired cable is coiled in the roof on the door-side, across from the bat-wing TV antenna. I drilled a hole in my roof and found mine easily.

That said, perhaps your unit didn't get the pre-wire. Regardless, a second coaxial cable "may" (depending on the dome dish) have to have been run for the second TV and a control/power cable would have to be run as well.

If your dome dish requires a second coaxial cable to be run from the dish, your installer should have run that at the time of install.

For others trying to find their pre-wired satellite coaxial cable, there is a download available on this forum in various posts and on the Heartland factory website in the Landmark section under downloads.

A couple of other more drastic ideas before giving up:
  1. Remove the bedroom fantastic vent and reach into the ceiling to find the wire
  2. Remove the bathroom fantastic vent and reach in to find the wire
  3. Use a toner system to inject a tone on the cable at the TV end and trace the wire using the tone receiver

Sorry your's did not work out as planned but maybe your experience and some of my notes above will be helpful to others.

Jim

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Thanks Jim for your response. We told Best Buy RV exactly where the coiled wire was supposed to be and that they would have to add the jump-wire in the docking bay to make it work. They completely ignored us and just mounted it as they saw fit...now we're going to have to fix things. Either that or the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!

I cannot believe they contacted Heartland and were told "they" didn't know where it was. And yes, ours was sat prepped! Best Buy's service and response to the problems has been sorely lacking!