Skylights in bath shower......

Bob Vaughn

Would some please explain to me what good are the skylights in the bath room shower......In the day time they generate a lot of heat for the a/c to overcome and and sun rise they let a lot of unwanted light in......I do not like to wake up at the crack of dawn, I can overcome it but my wife's cat thinks it is time to eat so some one has to get up and feed him.....I wonder why they do not make a shade for it.......

cashb

Bob, great minds think alike? :) I also posted the question about shower skylight size. I have found the Carefree Skylight Shade and believe it is made for the shower skylight. I just have to get to the fifth wheel (in storage) to measure. Look them up, it may be the size you need.

jimtoo

And,,, if you want to be cheap...like squeaky cheap,,, drop the inside cover,,, maybe 8 screws,,, cover top of cover with a large piece of aluminum foil... duct tape it in place... 4 small pieces is enough... reinstall the inside cover with the 8 +- screws.... No more light. :)Jim M

nscaler2

We bought a roll of that silver bubbly Mylar at Camping world. I cut pieces that will fit all the windows including the shower skylight. I attached it to the frame of the skylight with Velcro. I use it in the other windows during the heat of the day on the side of the coach that is getting hit with the sun. It really cuts down on the heat gain from the windows. It allows the air conditioner to be more effective.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Shoulda, woulda, coulda bought a rig with an enclosed bathroom. Skylight wouldn't bother you then.

cashb

Ordered the Skylight Shade. Tweety's had the best price, once shipping was added in. Dimensions cover a 30x24 (or smaller) shower skylight.