A/C compressor not working

gtrules

I have a 2008 cyclone, 3795 & the a/c compressor will not turn on for some reason. It didn't work at the dealership when we took it home, but we camped in it the first night & we were kinda hot. The dealer that we purchased it from assured us that we would have no problem getting it serviced in Abq. We purchased it in Durango, CO & we live in Abq., NM. The dealership here told us that there would be a two to three month wait before they could get to it. We need SOMETHING done about this NOW because we want to use our trailer. Also the fan comes on but the compressor just will not turn on.

Scott

Call Heartland Customer Service at 574.262.5992 and work with them to get you into a local RV Service Center. I would think that it would have been wise for you to have made your purchasing dealer do the repair, rather than let them put it off on you to get handled later.
ST

gtrules

This is the third top unit that has been put on my trailer & dometic still sais that this is what it has to be. If tjis is true, they have a VERY SORRY quality control dept. I still cant believe my fw left the factory like this. just does not make sense to me at all. I am asking nicely Scott. Can & will Heartland do something ti fix this problem? I think it has something to do with wiring, & wouldn't that be covered by Heartland. Everything else is great & i'm not trying to be a butt hole or anything, but I just don't like to pay this kind of money for something & it not work right off the bat. I'd appreciate your help in this matter.

Scott

GTrules,
Did you do what I suggested above? I have people who sole job it is to work with customers like yourself to get things resolved. Are you saying that you have had three A/Cs and none of them worked? Because if that's true - it's an unprecedented event. Dometic A/Cs have proven to be very reliable. I am here on the forum to help answer questions and point people in the direction. You need to get with Jim Fenner in customer service - again at 574.262.8030. I don't know where you are at, or who supposedly has looked at, or worked on this - but it sounds like there is a strong possibility that they didn't know everything about what they needed to do to take care of your the first time.
I'm sorry about that - but we can help you get into somewhere else where they can help you.

Forrest Fetherolf

gtrules,

If the AC never worked, the problems could be the 120v wiring, bad thermostat or thermostat wiring, or a defective A/C unit. I would recommend looking in the yellow pages for a mobile RV repair service, they will come to you. I'm sure Heartland will approve this, contact Heartland for approval when you find a repair service.

If you have the ability to trouble shoot the electrical with a multi-meter, you may be able to locate the problem. Several forum members can provide information for testing, if you so desire. If the wiring is bad, it is a Heartland repair issue. If the AC is defective, it is the AC manufacturer repair issue.

Forrest

gtrules

Thanks guys

I honestly appreciate you guys for your advice & yes, Scott there has been three top units & none of them have ever worked. The fan would come on but the compressor wouldn't kick in. Dometic has said AGAIN that it has to be the unit & will not change their mind on this. The dealer that I bought the trailer from changed the unit & I have had the unit changed here again. Dometic will not authorize any other type of work, so I don't know what's next. Also I did talk with Heartlland's service manager & he has said that he will find out what's going on. Thanks again everyone for your help!!!

Tim G.