Torque 291 Information and advice

TaraKIng

Hello,

we are looking to purchase a Torque 291 we have a 2012 Ford F150 Platnum 6.2 V8 and were woundering if this is enough truck to pull this trailer. Or do we need to go with the 261. Also Does this model have exterior speakers or do we have to have those installed. What generator is best for this model of trailer. Any advice or information that can be offered would be appreciated

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
HelloTaraKIng, and welcome to the forum. This is a great forum and you should get some answers from Torque owners or someone that may have some relative information for you.

Peace
Dave

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Torque 291, No Way! Too heavy for a half ton of any breed.
There are no published weights for the 261 yet so you might call Heartland to see if they have any updated info on it. For your own safety and the safety of others, please stay within the capacities of your tow vehicle. Someone's life may depend on it. Thanks!

danemayer

TaraKing, when you match up the GVWR of the trailer to the towing capacity of the truck, don't forget to check the payload specs against the pinweight. 150s won't support a lot of pinweight and you don't generally see 5th wheels sitting on 150s for that reason.

mesteve

Pull, yes. Stop, maybe. Handle road impacts and pin weight, not a chance. We tow with the setup in the sig, and now that we actually drive with this combination for extended distances, we are looking to upgrade. It was fine for a summer or two, but now that we are actually putting some miles on...

branson4020

Icantre Member
I pull a BH of similar weight with a Dodge diesel 3500 SRW and am overloaded by about 400 lbs of pin weight. This has to be one of the most egregious examples of sleazy salesmanship (sure, you can pull that!) I have heard of.

DW_Gray

I suggest you visit the website listed in my signature below. Also read the article, "Before You Buy..."

Torque 291, No Way! Too heavy for a half ton of any breed.
There are no published weights for the 261 yet so you might call Heartland to see if they have any updated info on it. For your own safety and the safety of others, please stay within the capacities of your tow vehicle. Someone's life may depend on it. Thanks!
//heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/31486-Torque-291-what-truck Ask someone that owns and tows with one....Read my post