Hail damage

Okay it finally happened, hail damage to our 1 year old 3250. My wife is in tears.

We have insurance so the financial burden is lifted. Couple of questions. First will water come into the unit through the broken a/c covers, can we quickly get light covers and why are all of the caulk seams pulled apart. I know there was heavy wind. The speakers overs in the bedroom were on the bed. Hail broke all of the lights on the door side. Funny though no glass broken.

Any thoughts or advice? Bill and Lorna

CactusTwo

So sorry to hear of the damage. Glass didn't break because it is vertical, outside lights stick out horizontally, even if just a bit. Do yourself a favor and cover the A/C so as not to increase any further leak damage and bent fins on the condenser with just even a blue tarp or cardboard box. It uses only inside air to cycle so there are really NO holes to leak, but damaging the topside unit would keep you away from the campgrounds and in a repair shop. Insurance will remburse you if you buy the light covers and bulbs, once again to further any new damage and leaks. Once again sorry to hear of the damage

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
Don't fall over at the price of the AC covers. They run over $100 each. Some places charge as much at $200 for them.

tweber

Founding Wisconsin Chapter Leader-Retired
Sorry to read about your misfortune, but for a new AC cover I would suggest checking Bontrager's Surplus Inc, www.bontragers.com, 269-483-7017, 1-866-483-7017, email is mysurplus@myrurall.com. 18719 U.S. 12, 2.5 miles east of White Pigeon, MI 49099. I purchased a complete rear stabilizers with the motor with the motor from them for less than the motor alone at Lippert. They also ship items.

GETnBYE

So sorry to hear this. We have a long story of hail damage also. 3 weeks after buying our 3250. Horrible tales of trying to get repairs.
Now, if I can offer some advice that might help you.
Check everything out before your insurance adjuster. With the sun shining in a different direction we found that our front cap was cracked. Look for the not so easy to see things that will be "huge" problems later on.
Also, keep in contact with customer service before and during your repairs about when parts are ordered and shipped etc. Our repair dealer used the excuse that parts were delayed for months, and I do mean month(s), come to find out, they were not telling the truth. Get input from c.s. about which dealer to use for repairs. The wrong repair dealer can be a nightmare, trust me on this. Even if you have to drive a long way it will be worth it to get the right repair place.
Good luck to you and try to remember it will all be a memory and you will be camping again soon.