We own a 2012 Key Largo

wildwolfproducts

Well made it to Baton Rouge LA, Inspected the 2012 Key Largo. And to make a long story short. Ran away as fast as I could. but the Darn Thing followed his all the way home.:cool:
Yes were the proud owners of a 2012 Power Puff. Only used 2 trips, can't even tell it was used those. Cleaner then 99% of the ones you see on the lots of dealers.
so were the Proud owners of a Heartland LandMark key Largo.
Full body paint, Combo Washer dryer, winegard auto sat dish, 5.5 Generator, and about every option other then Oven, and awning over the outdoor TV, And 2 packages Does not have the Full timers package or the backup camera but all the rest of the nice items.

We made it to MCcomb MS at the state park last night around 6 pm. Got it set up by our selfs for the first time. Only took 5 minutes even backing in LOL It was so nice to know this nice camper is ours. Plus we did not have to take out a loan, now that is the best part to find the right unit and have just enough to pay for it. Now may have to wait on cash to camp LOL

There's a few small Items I will have to get taken care of. But nothing that I can't do my self. It does have one rung on the ladder that is cracked where it bolts on the side pole. Looks like I can just get a new end cap for that and sway it out. Also one water line is crossed. To fill the fresh water tank you have to have the valve on the one across from it. But not a big deal for us. Will get that taken care of.

The Full body paint is so nice its unreal for sure. We were going to order the half paint. so this is nice for sure. Do wish it had the oven but again we will get over that also.

Rained or came a flood for a few hours after we got hooked up and headed back home. So the spotless unit now has road dirt on it. But still turns heads for sure. Everytime we stopped people were talking about what a great looking camper is was. Sure makes you proud to hear this kind words being you own it.

We did get a few Pictures of it on theNatchez Trace Parkway on the way back home. Will try to get them posted tomorrow. Looking forward to lots of great trips in it over the years.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Hey congratulations! It's good to hear you found one you like and will suit your needs. Hope to meet you at a rally some day. Consider joining the Heartland Owners Club too.
Travel Safe!

jbeletti

WW,

Congrats! The black plastic end caps on the ladder rungs can be obtained from Atwood Mobile Products. Their number is on the Portal page. Inspect them all and tell them how many you need. They will likely mail them right out to you. If you have a warranty from Heartland on this coach, you could also go through Heartland on it.

Time to change your signature and maybe even consider joining the club. Congratulations again and welcome to the family.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Pete, glad to here you where successful with that STEAL, you really did find that once in a lifetime deal! Now do as Jim B says, scrap together the few buck for the owners club and join the HL family in all the fun. I know the MS/AL chapter puts on a great rally and I beat that TN does also. But you don't have to only attention your states rallies.

I hope you enjoy your KL as much as we do ours. Hope to see you at a rally or two down the road and i'll show you my stove!

Michael

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Ain't it a b*&%h the way those things just up and "follow you home" when you just went looking....LOL!!! Congrats...Enjoy!!!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Congratulations! Good thing it followed you home and didn't try to race you home. That would have been a problem. I never want to be driving my truck and looking at the license plate on my trailer.:eek:

wildwolfproducts

Thanks guy's, yes glad it stayed behind rather then passing us. LOL Seen what happens when a trailer passes the one pulling it years ago. Man lost his boat and trailer! Anyone know how to get that grin off our faces? Each time we see the new Key largo were still asking our self's if its real? Is that ours? Sure hope it's not a a bad dream..

Sure is sad we can't go camping until next month, But think I will stay @ Pickwick Dam Tn Tailrace for a month in it. Just enjoy the new camper, fish early am and late Evening. Plus being I can stay on a full hookup spot there for what our AC will run us at home. I think staying a month in this is way better then staying at home any day.

MaxOwner

We just picked up a Key Largo. Bigger than what I was allowed to look at. The wife picked this one. So its her fault.

Ours is the "poor mans" version. No self leveling, gen prep or other neat stuff.

But still have a "stuff" eating grin on my face everytime I look at it.

TomMar

Retired Texas-South Chapter Leader
Welcome to the KL Klub. We had a perfectly good Big Horn and once the DW saw the 2012 KL she was infected. It did not take long (a couple of days) and I had the same bug so we followed this one back to the dealer and now it follows us. As the others have pointed out the Heartland Owners Club Plaque is a great addition to the ladder and you get a discount on any accessories or parts you buy from Heartland.

Again we say welcome, and if you get across to Texas give us a holler.

:cool::rolleyes:

wildwolfproducts

I'm sure both my wife and I will both have that grin for years to come. We had to go sit in it this evening. Just kick back and walk through again, checking out stuff. Trying to make sure we know how we want to store our items in it before dragging it all in.;) Playing with all the remotes. Man its unreal, the remotes with these things. Three for the Tv's, one for the fire place, One for the Fantastic fan, One for the the Radio and not sure if there's one for the outside Radio or use this one for both? We have only one for that, one for the sat system. Sure hope I can get one for all of these LOL

Also this one has lots we were not going to order. But when you find a deal that throws Thousands of dollars of options at you for Free. Well we jumped at it fast.

Pete

FordMan1966

I think I washed ours about 4 times while at Myrtle Beach for the last 2 weeks. Almost everybody that walked by while I was out around the Full Body Paint was bragging on it. @ different people said if I had open that looked like that I would wash it as well. These are sharp looking rigs. You can see people looking at it as you pull down the road as well.
Enjoy your like new Key Largo...

MaxOwner

In our Key Largo, there is a cheap looking thermastat style thingy right by the thermastat for heat/air conditioning. No remote control.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Not all Fantastic Fans have the remote control. Ours is controlled by the thermostat on the the wall below the AC thermostat.

2psnapod2

Ours in the kitchen also does not have a remote.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

2psnapod2

We bought ours down at Lazy Days RV in Orlando Florida. They are really great to work with. We even stayed on there lot getting things fixed for about a week.