HL Customer Service

RanCarr

Just to let those know that HL Customer service contacted us about the issues with our 28BRS. I spoke to a very nice man and will be speaking to him again in about a week. They may be able to do something about the cabinets, but my husband wants to let it go after all this time. We'll make the floor level rather than the cabinets when we camp this coming week and see if that will work. We heard how long it can take for a dealer to do major work like that and my husband, getting old and losing his patience, doesn't want to deal with it. HL can't do anything about the other issues so we will take care of some of them ourselves if we can. I will try and see what the cost is in reversing the axles to get the TT higher off the ground. That will help tremendously and I know other people have done it. Has anyone had this done to their TT or 5th wheel? Did it change the handling of the rig? I know one woman in the Sunline club has her's reversed and it fixed the dragging problem but that was a different RV company altogether.

Now as for 2psnapod2's comment that we're living in the BRS or that it's not meant to be lived in... the man I spoke to at HL said that is only because in freezing weather the pipes will freeze. They're not heated. HL is aware people do live in them, and there is no law that you cannot. We spend only 3 months in FL in the winter, plus camping trips the rest of the year. :eek:

And I hope 2psnapod2 reads this message and ceases to read or reply to any of my future posts. I can do without the implied insult to my husband and myself. My husband did his best when he picked up the BRS, and no he wasn't allowed to camp in it for a week or drive it around before heading for home to catch what walk-throughs with the dealers miss. :rolleyes:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I've been following your posts and now after looking at the floorplan wonder if your slide is out of adjustment. If that be the case, it's a simple fix by the dealer. You say you can get the main floor level, but then the cabinets are off. If by cabinets, you mean the ones for the kitchen, which is in the slide, then my "theory" may be correct. The main floor of the trailer is basically a flat platform with the interior items and walls attached to it. If the slide isn't setting out properly, then the main floor and the slide floor will not be aligned in the same plane.

It would be strange, but not impossible I guess, that the cabinets were not cut properly and throwing everything out of whack. If Heartland can set you up with a dealer to look at it, it might not take "weeks" to adjust the slide. Shouldn't take more than a couple of hours, at most.

As for reversing or lowering the axles, that probably can be done, but it may give you other problems to deal with. Towing characteristics may change, the entry steps will be higher, and your bumper hitch needs to be able to be adjusted to the new height.