General RV Sales Michigan

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
With all the discussion recently about warranty work I just wanted to give a heads up to my recent experience.
When I purchased My BH I received a price from General RV which was the most expensive of three quotes. I purchased elsewhere.
General RV Sales Manager Geoff Radke (Wixom store) advise me today that I would be treated as a cash customer. Because I did not purchase from General RV they would only do warranty work on my BH provided I paid up front and I would have to seek reimbursement from Heartland they would not process the warranty claims. Wonder how Heartland feels about this? Is the the normal process?
Thought prospective customers might like to know this.
Comments would be appreciated.
Regards
Wayne

Warrenty Work

I too purchased our 2007 Heartland 3055RL from out of town (Explore USA in Sequin) I recently took my unit into Camperland (Conroe, 25 miles from home) to have some warranty work done. Although they took care of me they then informed me that in the future I would come after all their other customers, Tetons and other Heartland unit. I have since taken my unit to Explore USA (Kyle Texas 160 miles away) and have had them install a second AC and A Wineguard SD. Although I understand there position, but I talk though my wallet. Only in America can this level of selected service be given. By the way Explore USA in Kyle gives excellent service and they will service any unit weather they sold it or not.

Scott

wfwilson:
No - what you were told by General RV is not acceptible and I have already reached out to them regarding your post.
While dealers will always service their customers first - which they should - they should also make provisions to make appointments for those who have purchased elsewhere. While most dealers will - what you guys are discovering is one of the reasons we recently added the "BENEFITS of PURCHASING LOCALLY" sections to the Heartland web site. While we will do our best to persuade the local dealers, in the end, they are independent businesses who look out for their best interests first. Some understand the value of working on customers coaches - even those who did not purchase from them, often looking at it in terms of an OPPORTUNITY to earn some business down the road.
Others, unfortunately, do not. To them, we say "Goodbye" as Heartland dealers and move on to those who are consumer-friendly. We'll see how this one turns out.
ST

Blessed

I received a qoute from General RV in Birch Run, MI (It was where we originally the Landmark Monticello). They were the highest of the 4 quotes we received and we ended up buying our unit from Best Buy in Springfield, OH. However, when I needed some warranty work done, I called General RV in Birch Run, made an appointment, and they serviced the unit in one day. No problem.