condensation from a/c unit

Bobby A

Today is the first time in 4 years of full timing I have ever seen condensation driping from the a/c unit on the island. Its extremely humid today hear in Fl. and the entry door has been open a little more ofter from visiters. Is this just normal or do I have a problem.

Thanks in advance,
Bobby A

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
We have, on rare occasions, seen condensation form on the return unit just about the counter...but only when extremely humid. Would not worry too much about it...

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
In AL our ACs make alot of condensate all the time. But never inside.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I had some dripping once, two summers ago during a hot/humid spell here in Michigan. But I think it might have been due to me running it on low fan and a glacier formed on the A/C unit. I always run it on high, now.

DougS

Doug S
Bobby A, I have had my AC drip inside, from plugged drain accessed from the roof. I have limited the dripping by running the fan on manual and lowing the temp a little so compressor kicks on and off.

Bobby A

Bobby A, I have had my AC drip inside, from plugged drain accessed from the roof. I have limited the dripping by running the fan on manual and lowing the temp a little so compressor kicks on and off.

Plugged drain access ?? where is this located ?? Not that I can get to it anytime soon. I just had a hip replacement. Its only a couple small drips every few hours, its not that bad of a drip I just thought it was very percular all of a sudden. Its extremely high humidity today. As porthole suggests, its very close to the entry door, it takes much more time for me to get out the door with this new hip. I always run the fan on high speed.

Bobby,
Hope you are having a speedy recovery!
I wouldn't worry too much about the drips on these extremely humid days. We have had the same thing happen in this type of weather. Like johndar, ours iced up more than usual, turned it off for a while and watched all the water run off, that was with the fan on high.