ATF: North Trail - Bubble in the vinyl roof.

PeternLiane

I was up on our roof of our 22FBS back in March and April, while I was up there I noticed a bubble in the vinyl roof. It was cold on both of these days so I though that was it. However, I went to look again this week and the bubble is there. The bubble is about a 4 to 5 inch bubble about 12 inches in front of the AC unit. I can push down on the bubble and it sticks down. But the bubble comes up again a little while later. What should I do to get rid of this bubble?

olcoon

I've got a similar issue & last year at the Goshen Rally, the company that makes the roof material had a seminar, and I asked about this. I was told, that as long as it's not causing an issue, like waving like a flag while going down the road, this is more or less normal. He said that if I really wanted to get rid of it to use something like a flexible putty knife, making sure not to poke a hole in the rubber, and to remove some of the caulking from the nearest vent/pipe, and work the bubble towards it. Then to reseal where the caulking was removed with Dicor 501 self leveling caulk.

You might want to check this thread from a few days ago, and get some other ideas.