Cabinet problem in a 2012 3585RL???

sunnywa

Hello... We are wondering if any of you have experienced a problem with your cabinets? We purchased a 2012 3585RL brand new last year. We took possession of it in June and used it through October. We then winterized it (we had our previous trailer for over 8 years with no major problems) and put it in covered storage for the winter. Now it seems as though none of the cabinet doors fit correctly. The cabinet door on the cabinet above the toilet completely fell apart!!! I have a call into Heartland Customer Service to see what to do about this problem but haven't heard back from them yet.... Thank you for any help you might be able to share..

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
sunnywa, I have heard of a few situations where the cabinet doors separated at the joints around the outer frame. I've not seen one up close so I can't advise you on repair but since you've got a call in to Heartland, you might as well wait for their solution.

Westwind

sunnywa, I have heard of a few situations where the cabinet doors separated at the joints around the outer frame. I've not seen one up close so I can't advise you on repair but since you've got a call in to Heartland, you might as well wait for their solution.

I've never heard of the cabinet doors falling apart. I have heard of cracking at the joints or hinge coming off but you have a first, I'm sure the factory will eventually get back to you but stay on it, 2-3 days is a reasonable wait. Have your VIN number ready or include it in your emails.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
Sunnywa,

We have a BH3185, 2012, and experienced cabinet panel separation and splitting. Heartland replaced all effected panels and reapired all pulled apart hinges.

Murry

Joy & Jeff

Past Missouri Chapter Leaders
Our 2012 Bighorn had a similar issue. We had one kitchen door that came apart at a seam, another cabinet that had the shelf support come off and our dinning room chairs came apart at the joints. All of the repairs were covered by warranty. It take a couple weeks to get the new cabinet door from the factory, but it matched perfetly and there was now charge for the door or for our local service department to install it.

Sunnywa,

We have a BH3185, 2012, and experienced cabinet panel separation and splitting. Heartland replaced all effected panels and reapired all pulled apart hinges.

Murry

Hi murry135, how do you like your 3185? We just bought a 2013 Bh 3185 and used it one time ,no problems yet except the hinge pulled out in the bathroom cabinet, I will fix it myself. I think we will like it just fine. I'm currently pulling with a 08 F250 SD diesel that seems to work good (I traded in a cedar creek silverback) however I ordered a new F350 that also golden bronze , it's due in 7/2 but I will still use the F250 until it arrives. How do you like you F350? Wayne

TxAg89

I have a 2010 Cyclone with same problem. Cabinet door joints all separated or swollen to the point they are difficult to close. I did get three of them replaced under warranty and they are fine. But now the remainder of the doors are starting to fall apart. Should this be covered under the same warranty claim? I was told by HL that they have changed cabinet manufacturers since the issue.

pkeipper

Hello All

First trip out in 2013 BH, 7 or 8 cabinet doors started to separate around the perimeter. A little disappointed but have it at the dealer to have fixed.

Westwind

I have a 2012 Bighorn 3070RL we love it but the finish on the cabinets have been a disappoint, where we handle the doors repeatedly with damp hands the finish has come off.
I've corrected that with maple stain and semi gloss poly. The other way I was cleaning and waxing them with a cabinet cleaner/wax (Liquid) and while wiping the doors over the cabinet a splinter caught in the cloth came off and now I have a bare strip, small, narrow, but about 1 1/2 inch long I have to stain and then blend the finish. The areas of the cabinet that are routed are not sanded and really need to be done prior to finishing, they are rough and unfinished. The cabinet finish (Maple/Pecan) needs to be beefed up, the clear coating is not sufficient.
I sound a little harsh here but my $18K Sunnybrook TT had a better cabinet finish on the doors then our $62K Bighorn.

wafireftr

We have a 2012 3070 Bighorn and shortly after we purchased it we noticed several of the cabinet doors coming apart. Hartland sent one replacement which was stained too dark to use and the other one we received just before traveling to AZ for the winter. I left the original door in place for the winter (after glueing it) and the center continued to shrink in size to the point that we have an open gap and no stain on one side. The other two replacement doors left in Washington pulled apart at the joints while we were down South. Sent photos of all of these situations to Hartland and am waiting for a response and fix. This was over three weeks ago. Don't know how to post photos on this form or I would to share with others.

danemayer

Hi wafireftr,

If you've been waiting for a response for 3 weeks, something's gone wrong. Call Heartland Customer Service at 877-262-8032 / 574-262-8030, have your VIN# handy, and if necessary, stay on hold until your Customer Service rep picks up.