Hard bubbles on the right side of rv.

orlstgo

Hello Heartland Community:

This year I purchased a new Heartland Wildernes. The other day I was cleaning my rv and noticed some bubbles on the right side of the rv. One is located in near the front side of the rv and the other in the middle. I am not sure if they are leaks because when I touch each of them, they are as hard as a rock. I also check the inside and there is no sign of water or leaks. Are these type of 'hard bubbles or bumps" an indication of leaks or it could be a defect from the manufacture when they were laminating the wall of the rv. Recently I was camping and the night before whe had heavy rain. I did not see water comming inside and the bubbles outside still really hard. It feels like touching the wall with bumps and I wanted to see if anyone here had a similar issue like this one.
Thank you for your comments.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We have some "printing" of sorts in a coupe of areas. Looks like it could be a screw/rivet head or for that matter a scrap of construction material. Like you said, doesn't look like a delamination or water intrusion just because of the location and no other indications of damage. I have seen other rigs with similar issues. Whether its something more serious than a cosmetic flaw I can't say but until/if it becomes a problem I am trying to ignore it! ;)

Best Wishes!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
See if you can post some pictures?! It would be helpful for others to see, maybe compare notes. Sometimes I think I see a tiny bump, other times, not so much???

Erika

JJOren

Hi there!

I would highly suggest that you have this checked by your dealer. Fiberglass does not 'bubble' unless there is something significant wrong. Something is either working its way out from the inside or the material is delaminationg (coming apart between the layers) etc. It isn't an uncommon thing through out the life of a fiberglass shell. However, on a unit as new as yours it is definitely something you need to have looked at by a professional!!

orlstgo

Thank you Erika:

I will take some picture some time this week and posted. On one side it might be difficult to see because the lamination color makes it a little difficult to see. But there is another one that I saw since I got the rv from the dealer. There are a little big, and in the one in the corner begins from top until the middle. But touch it them feels like a rock.

orlstgo

Thank you Mr. and Ms. Oren:
I will check if Lazydays do repairs for the Wilderness model. I know they sell Heartland Fifth Wheelers. I am now starting to think I made a real bad purchase.

orlstgo

Thank you Steve and Analyn:

I am hopping it is a cosmetic flaw. The size of the bumps are not small, one is a little long, but it does not seems to be expanding at all.

orlstgo

Hello everyone.

Sorry for not posting pictures or give a recent status because I was on a long vacation. Just got back and found my RV without a cover. We had some major storms in Florida and the cover broke. After inspecting the RV and saw few more blisters. Today I took the day to go to a dealership that service Heartland and they did found delam problems due to water. He said that Heartland RV are great product and he cannot explain how the RV is starting to have leaks. The roof was fine. One of the leaks is under the window. At least there is not to much and big damage and the inside still fine. They are going to work on it and I am lucky enough to find that problem on time before the warranty expires. I am also dissapointed for the reason that a brand new rv from one of the top manufactures has leaks so early. The technicial mention that it could also be the person putting the walls and adding the glue for these panels did not made a good job and that can happen to anyone too. Oh well. First big camper and mabe the last one. I am going back to pop ups or mini trailers.

RTRT94

We just bought a 2011 north country in april of 2012. it was brand new but a holdover, we have noticed that the front by where there would be a structure beam i guess you would call it there is some bubbling, vertically and is moving across the top part but not as bad as the up and down. now we noticed that there is another one on the slide out part behind the window. Kind of hard to see in the picture i have posted. I have talked with my dealer and they will work on it this winter. my concern is they will take the easy way out. Where can i get info on how it should be done properly? Anyone else have this trouble?

Attachments

• 2012-08-04_19-00-48_934.jpg
    2012-08-04_19-00-48_934.jpg
    547.4 KB · Views: 98
  • 2012-08-13 14.32.43.jpg
    2012-08-13 14.32.43.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Contact Heartland Customer Service directly and send pics. They should be able to tell you what is involved.

Erika

danemayer

RTRT94,

The bubbles may be related to the caulking issues that you've previously posted on.

Last edited:

orlstgo

Hello friends: I hope that everyone is doing well today. Here is my latest update. Heartland will pick up my TT and they will take it to their facility. The issues is not related to a leak, but instead the glue separating from the wall. I spoke with one of the warranty service rep at Heartland so I can understand what is going to be done and he mention that there are few TT having a similar issue. The will replace the wall, but they will use a different brand of glue so it does not happen again. The only time that they can work on the unit is between October to April. I have plans for labor day and thanksgiving week so I am going to schedule the pick up after thanksgiving week. So far the dealer and Heartland said that is ok to use the unit because the delamination was not caused by leaks, which explain why the bubles are hard in most of the areas and there is no indication of water damage inside. Sad part, I will be without a camper for at least month and a half to two. :( (I could not find a crying smiley) ...The winter time in Florida is my favorite time to camp. It also makes me feel very uneased because if this happen to a brand new unit with only few months being used, it could happen again once and the warranty will be over by them . The good thing is that the repairs will be made at the factory so it will (should be) done right. And after talking to the representative at Heartland I feel a little better. I will take and post some pictures to help anyone having a similar problem.

Last edited:

orlstgo

Hello Rtrt94... I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your unit... If the problem is similar to my case I think that Heartland can do the repair under warranty. So far I was told that if the delamination is caused by water, you should start seeing some water damage inside the unit too..or at least that smell that I forgot what is called...in my cause it seems that is a glue defect...if the rv is under warranty.. Talk to Heartland directly..I made the mistake to go to the dealer..and even when it is an authorized dealer..the process can take longer.. Send them the pictures that you posted...and they will be able to help you.. I have to give Heartland credit for this.. They do have a great group of people working there and every person that I spoke with before have great customer service..I do wish that your problem is not as bad as mine.

Last edited:

orlstgo

Hello friends:

Attached are some pictures ( the best I could) about the delamination problem I have..
damage1 (1024x768).jpg Damage 2 (1024x768).jpg damage3 (1024x768).jpg Damage 4 (1024x768).jpg Damage 5 (1024x768).jpg Possible damage (1024x768).jpg

Attachments

• damage1.jpg
    damage1.jpg
    200.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Damage 2.jpg
    Damage 2.jpg
    389.7 KB · Views: 49

orlstgo

Well. While putting a cover on the RV I saw few bubbles ( i hate those dam bubbles), and noticed that the roof feels a little weak except the area where the A\C is located. Is this normal? With all the problems I am having latelly I am getting paranoid. One more thing I find I think I will jump from a bridge. :angel: :rolleyes: