R/V Capital

ctuna0203

Recently stopped at RV Capital, in Elkhart to have the closet rod replaced in my Bighorn3580.The service was exceptionally good and reasonal price.I have had service work done there on several other occasions with the same result,first class service. If you are ever in Elkhart and need repairs done call R/V Capital.

jwpurdy

Sorry to disagree. I had warranty work done thru Heartland and they did very poor job. The delamination repair is worse than when I took it to them. Am still waiting on Steve with Heartland for a reply.

noobee

I also dis-agree. When HL sent me there they fixed a few minor things but 2 of the bigger items, noisy fireplace & kitchen floor squeaking, were not fixed.

danemayer

Sorry to disagree. I had warranty work done thru Heartland and they did very poor job.
The thread was about service at RV Capital Wholesalers in Elkhart. Are you saying they did a poor job?

jwpurdy

Terrible job!!
A three day job turned into a 14 day job which cost me over $2000.00 for lodging, fuel, and expenses to and from Elkhart and back to Colorado. When I got home a crack had opened between the new and old fibre glass joint and now screw head is showing thru fibre glass. They never caulked window and stove vent when they re-installed them and left several screws out of window and screws out of door latch.

jwpurdy

Because I wanted my trailer fixed correct after two failed attemps here in Colorado. Heartland had me take it to RV Capitol and said they were the best. Wrong

stevebotts

We purchased our RV there and had a few things that needed attention. While they were very prompt in responding, I would agree they were lacking in ability. Our door was so hard to open, the wife could not open it at all. After three attempts, I ended up fixing it myself when we left and were in a campground. Three other minor issues I ended up fixing myself after they had given it a try. We did have a defective battery which was immediately replaced and has been fine ever since, just to give credit where credit is due. Decided that any other problems which arise will not be taken to them for repair.

danemayer

Quick look at the IN BBB database:
View attachment 19826
I looked at the BBB site. They got an F from the BBB based on 1 complaint to the BBB over a year ago to which they didn't respond. They are not a BBB member which also biases the report. I've used BBB in the past and found it pretty worthless. A bad vendor can keep a high rating without actually doing good work.

RV Service Reviews gives them a rating of EXCELLENT. But if you look at the detail, it's also based on feedback from one person.

There is much more feedback on this forum than in both of these rating services put together.

Btw, our experience with RV Capital Wholesalers was pretty good. I'd give them a B. They took care of everything for us but it was coming up on a holiday weekend and even though they were really busy, I didn't feel like they were as attentive and prompt as they should have been in correcting problems on a new sale.

vakthund

They received an F rating because they did not respond to the complaint and other inquiries from BBB. There are several other repair centers that are not BBB members but carry A(+) ratings. All business will receive complaints at some point, it is how they deal with them that matters in my opinion.

---
One day I'll put something clever in here.