Woo Hoo, We're Numba ONE!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Just saw an article stating that Flint, Michigan, is now the number ONE most dangerous city in the country, followed by Detroit at #2. I knew if they tried hard enough and clicked their ruby slippers together they could do it. I feel privileged and honored to live between them, only 7 miles from Flint. Why even one of Flint's fire stations got robbed this weekend (#8, where we keep one of the county HazMat units) after the trucks pulled out on a false call, the crooks ran in behind them and cleaned them out.

I'm so proud I think I'll order some more ammunition. Maybe some bandoliers for the AR-15, too. For real close quarters combat, a Paslode framing nailer might be handy. Wonder if it's legal to "open carry" one of those around.

JohnDar

Too bad Cadillac discontinued the Clark Street Penetrator model years ago. It had Delco-Remy Whisper-50's mounted under the headlights. Heavy armor plate, bullet proof glass, and a Pierre Cardin decoy wallet launcher on the roof. I know I've got the drawing around here, somewhere.

Clark St. in Detroit was where the Cadillac Motors complex was located where I started with GM, back in the day.

jcarnevale

I live right in the middle also. 35 miles to Flint, 35 miles to Detroit! Time for the Auto Assault 12 (AA12) with FRAG-12 rounds :). I think I'll go out back and brush up on moving targets.....!

Interesting topic! Detroit Assembly (also known as Detroit Cadillac or Clark Street Assembly) was a General Motprs automobile factory in Detroit, Michigan. The site of the plant was redeveloped into the 88-acre Clark Street Technology Park in 1997 by General Motors and three other partners.
Too bad Cadillac discontinued the Clark Street Penetrator model years ago. It had Delco-Remy Whisper-50's mounted under the headlights. Heavy armor plate, bullet proof glass, and a Pierre Cardin decoy wallet launcher on the roof. I know I've got the drawing around here, somewhere. Clark St. in Detroit was where the Cadillac Motors complex was located where I started with GM, back in the day.

JohnDar

Interesting topic! Detroit Assembly (also known as Detroit Cadillac or Clark Street Assembly) was a General Motprs automobile factory in Detroit, Michigan. The site of the plant was redeveloped into the 88-acre Clark Street Technology Park in 1997 by General Motors and three other partners.

We were transferred to Flint in 1994 and they demolished the assembly and manufacturing buildings not long after that. Looking at a recent aerial photo, it appears the Engineering building still stands, along with the former Waste Treatment building (the tanks are gone, though). What the two building now shown are, I have no idea. The rest of the complex is dirt. No desire to go down there to find out who or what is now operating there. At one time it was rumored that the Engineering Bldg. was being donated to a technical high school in the city, but I don't know if that ever happened.