A/C Help

fljlcw

Sorry I havent been on here for awhile been real busy hosting at valley of fire C/G in Carrizozo NM. Now I am in need of all your expert advice the compressor on our main a/c WONT SHUT off I think I have it down to the circuit board it cools the fan comes on and off with the thermostat bot the compressor wont quit running what do you guys think almost forgot its A 09 Bighorn 3580 Thanks in advance Fred

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Did a quick search on your problem. Only definitive "guess" was the compressor relay was stuck in the on or powered position, whatever or wherever that item is located. Recommendation was to have a qualified tech look at it.

fljlcw

thanks john I remembered we paid for ins. so we took your advise and used it were cool now thanks again Fred

pmachmer

I'm pretty new to this forum but have a stupid question...

\I have a bighorn that the main (rear a/c cools but don't seem cold enough) question is: does the rv ac's take the same kind of freon that automobiles do ? 134.

autozone and orelly's have a new re-charge kit with hose and guage for re-charging auto's. it would be nice if it does work on rv's also,... I asked the guy at auto zone and he said he thought so but wasn't for sure..

tks Pat

danemayer

I have a bighorn that the main (rear a/c cools but don't seem cold enough) question is: does the rv ac's take the same kind of freon that automobiles do ? 134.

autozone and orelly's have a new re-charge kit with hose and guage for re-charging auto's. it would be nice if it does work on rv's also,... I asked the guy at auto zone and he said he thought so but wasn't for sure..

tks Pat

Pat, a few weeks ago, a Dometic rep at the Gillette Rally said that the A/C units don't have any charging ports, so there's no way for you to use a kit from a retail store. If your A/C is malfunctioning, you'll probably have to take it to an authorized servicer. If it's Dometic, some of their appliances have warranties longer that 1 year. The documents that came with our rig show a 2 year warranty on the A/C unit. Maybe you're still under warranty.

Of course, if it's 107 degrees in Texas, it might be working ok; just having a hard time.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
In Amarillo the past few days, it's been 100 or more. Our main AC struggles during the day, while the bedroom one does quite well. While in Gillette, WY, when the temps in the 80s-90s, the bedroom AC would freeze up, while the main did fine?!