Joining the new millenium

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Finally got off the dime and ordered two Apple IPhone 4 - 8GB, to replace our antiquated, but still functional, LG5200 flip phones. Naturally, new phones means new cases, holsters, chargers, etc., etc. Fortunately our Verizon plan gives us discounts so the sting wasn't toooo bad. Should be here in a day or two and then the fun begins. According to the salesman, the biggest difference between the 8GB and the higher GB ones is they don't have Siri (or the high cost). Fine with me. After explaining how and what we use them for, he recommended the 8's over the more expensive ones and the smaller 2GB data plans for them. Verizon waived the activation fee on the billing by renaming it upgrade fee. It no longer tickles when somebody reaches into my pockets.

3Gstore

Congrats on the new iPhones, if you just picked them up you may want to consider returning them. Within the next few months Apple will be launching the new iPhone 5, which the iPhone 4S (more expensive one) will fall to the iPhone 4 price with the 4 likely being given away. When dealing with Apple products always check the release cycles - If you need a new phone now then go for it, but if you can hold off you'll get a better phone at a better price pretty soon.

JohnDar

Congrats on the new iPhones, if you just picked them up you may want to consider returning them. Within the next few months Apple will be launching the new iPhone 5, which the iPhone 4S (more expensive one) will fall to the iPhone 4 price with the 4 likely being given away. When dealing with Apple products always check the release cycles - If you need a new phone now then go for it, but if you can hold off you'll get a better phone at a better price pretty soon.

Thanks Matt, but the story of my life is always being a day late and a dollar short. Got the phones delivered yesterday and set them up this afternoon. So long as they last us as long as the LG's did, I'll be happy. They seem to be able to do all we require, which isn't a whole lot. Did get protective cases for them, though.

rick_debbie_gallant

Thanks Matt, but the story of my life is always being a day late and a dollar short. Got the phones delivered yesterday and set them up this afternoon. So long as they last us as long as the LG's did, I'll be happy. They seem to be able to do all we require, which isn't a whole lot. Did get protective cases for them, though.

which case did you get John? The "OtterBox" is about the best out there for the money. There is another though that you can use under water.

JohnDar

which case did you get John? The "OtterBox" is about the best out there for the money. There is another though that you can use under water.

I got the Otterbox for both of us, Rick, and they do seem like the cat's patootie. Also got the SkinIt's, but don't know if I'll use/keep them. The descriptions were a little vague, so I took a chance. The SkinIt's are not very rugged.

If I'm underwater, I don't think I'll be making any calls. Glub, glub, glub... I did take out the TEC plan on both, so if it does get doused, it's covered (yes, I read the policy).