ATF: Greystone - 2nd AC Bedroom prep

LTZ

California-N Chapter Leaders-retired
We are thinking about adding a 2nd AC in the bedroom. The unit we purchased has the second AC prep. The prep includes power to the vent area ? Is there thermostat wires there as well or will the new unit be a simple on off type control. Thanks for your help.
Chuck

8paws

Chuck,
We added a second unit to our Greystone. My only advise would be to add a penquin unit, rather than a regular unit, because the regular air-conditioner make the trailer higher and it is easier to catch on tree limbs, etc. The air-conditioner is a life-saver, very simple to use. Just on and off, and low, medium, high setting, plus we had a heat-strip installed for winter months. The power is already up in the bedroom, so it is an easy installation. You won't be sorry, only happy if you add an air-conditioner to your unit. Good Luck!

J

Jim_Hickey

The second A/C prep is for a single unit (non-ducted) and the controls are on the A/C unit itself. The second A/C cools the bedroom only.

LTZ

8paws,
Thanks for the advice,we will be heading to Las Vegas in October so it could become a necessity. Will also look into the heat-strip option for the winter time outings. I have already checked into the penquin model, its only 10" tall so that's the way to go there.Thanks for your help.
Chuck

LTZ

The second A/C prep is for a single unit (non-ducted) and the controls are on the A/C unit itself. The second A/C cools the bedroom only.

Jim,
Thanks for answering my questions, you guys are great. !!!!!!

SabBumNim

UNI Tae Kwon-Do Club
I had my dealer install a stand alone air unit in the bedroom. It works independely of the main unit.

Birchwood

We had a penquin installed in our bedroom.It has independent controls from the main AC
Its a one thousand dollar upgrade.For the cost it works fine but if your require a premium
climate control system pay more and have a central control system.