Heartland Wilderness

Gracie4Camping

Good morning.
This Saturday we pick up our Hearland Wilderness TT 27RLSS. I am very new to this forum and am unable to locate either a Travel Trailer section or a certain area for the Wilderness. May I please get some direction?
Thank you in advance!
Patty

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Patty, Welcome to the Heartland Forum & Family. The Wilderness is one of the newer lines and probably doesn't have it's own "Section" at this point. I'm sure as it grows in popularity it will eventually have one but for now, please feel free to use the General area for any questions. We're all her to help as needed. Enjoy your new rig!

scooter75

Hi Gracie4Camping! We just purchased a Wilderness 2750RL a couple of weeks ago. Just wondering how everything is going with your Rig?

danemayer

Hi Scooter75,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. Looks like you've already figured out there's a lot of useful information here along with a bunch of friendly people.

Gracie4Camping

Hi Gracie4Camping! We just purchased a Wilderness 2750RL a couple of weeks ago. Just wondering how everything is going with your Rig?
Hello, Scooter75! All is going great! We just came back from a week long vacation and had no real issues! I really like how this unit feels and "sounds" solid. The only thing that I'm not excited about how much the travel trailer moves when someone walks or moves in the camper. One way we eliminated some of the movement was to back the trailer into a chock, put break on, then another chock in the front of the tire. This did help some but not as much as I would like. We try to camp every third weekend -average 40 nights per year give or take, so we have made one modification to our bed and that was to remove one of the cabinets and put in a king bed and we love it.
Please share what your experience has been with yours?

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Patty, I like it. Great looking camper. Where do you guys usually camp?

Gracie4Camping

Patty, I like it. Great looking camper. Where do you guys usually camp?

We try to stay within one hour of the Asheville area. We camp at Table Rock State Park in SC, Myrtle Beach State Park, River Park in Jonesborough Tn., Buck Hill Campground in Spruce Pine (now only excepting full timers-sad!), Hungry Mother in Va., Four Paws Kingdom in Rutherfordton - great place if you have dogs and like evening entertainment!, Flaming Arrow in Cherokee.... Can you tell we like to camp? We hope to be at least 1/2 timers some day.

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
We try to stay within one hour of the Asheville area. We camp at Table Rock State Park in SC, Myrtle Beach State Park, River Park in Jonesborough Tn., Buck Hill Campground in Spruce Pine (now only excepting full timers-sad!), Hungry Mother in Va., Four Paws Kingdom in Rutherfordton - great place if you have dogs and like evening entertainment!, Flaming Arrow in Cherokee.... Can you tell we like to camp? We hope to be at least 1/2 timers some day.
yep, I believe you like to camp. That is a very good thing. Haven't been to Hungry Mother Park in several years. Have never camped there,just went for a picnic a few times. Speaking of Four Paws Kingdom, we had a Heartland rally there in the spring of 2011. I believe everyone really enjoyed it.You guys take care and Happy Camping!

PeternLiane

That looks like Very nice unit. Glad that it's working so well for you. The camp grounds look great in your pictures too.

Happy Travels

scooter75

Hi Gracie4Camping,
We had a lot of movement in ours as well. Found that parking on sites that were not level (front to back) this seems to lock the suspension some. When we park on level sites I place extra jacks behind the wheels on the suspension. This is a lot of work but takes almost all of the bounce out. We have had a few bugs here and there, but our dealer took care of everything. We are having an extra cable inlet added for directTV.

Last edited:

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
Along with the chock, back, chock with all four wheels, I also make sure to use several wood blocks under each stabilizer. I notice a big difference if I have the stabilizers fully extended versus blocks and partially extended stabilizer.

Usually, on a level site, I use a 2x6 flat block and a 4x4 block and then extend the stabilizer. On un-level sites I will add additional 4x4 blocks as many as 3-4 4x4 blocks under the largest distance between the ground and stabilizer.

I also made custom wood chocks from 4x4 wood that follow the curve of the wheel. Cheap and easy to replace when lost or infrequently broken. I also sometimes use inverted chocks to level the blocks for the stabilizers or pair them up on their sides for additional height if needed under the stab jacks usually using a flat block and thick block on the bottom and top of the pair.