Big Country 3450TS -2013

jtaylor

My wife and I are looking at a BC 3450TS and wanted to see what your thoughts and opinions are. Any feedback, good or bad, would be appreciated.

This will be our first 5th wheel, as we're graduating from a small class C motorhome.

Thanks,
John

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum John. There is a lot of good information available here.
We have the same floor plan as the 3450 in our BH and love it.
I am sure that you will get some input from other 3450 owners.
But one things stands out, and that is the great customer support from Heartland.

Peace
Dave

jimtoo

Hi John,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and hopefully to the family of owners. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You will find a lot of good about Heartland and the Big Country line and all the lines actually. Heartland goes above the line to make customers happy.

Enjoy the forum and hope to see you at a Heartland rally.

Jim M

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Welcome to the forum John. We have had 2 different Big Countrys and have enjoyed each one. There is such a huge difference and improvements from the 2008 model 3250 to our current model. One suggestion I would make is to think about the extra cost to add a 2nd a/c, preferably one that also has a heat strip built in. We have added it to the last 3 coaches we owned and it makes a huge difference in cooling the unit down and heating in colder weather.

jtaylor

Thank you everyone for the feedback and the warm welcome. I've been browsing through the forums and there is a wealth of information and fantastic tips. I'll update this thread once we finalize our selection and pull the trigger on a purchase.

John

burks353

We have a 2011 TS3450 and love it. It took us a long time to find the floor plan we liked and this unit covered everything we were looking for. Some changes we made were taking the couch out and moving the recliners to where the couch was. This gives us a straight view of the TV. I built a dual computer desk to put in front of the rear window.

Tombstonejim

We have a 2012 3450. Just some minor glitches. It was the only floor plan that the wife walked in and said I want this one.

It is a lttle heavier than I would like but it sure is nice inside. I would get the second AC.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
We also have the 3450 floorplan and really enjoy the coach. It is very comfortable. The newer ones have some nice additions/improvements. On a side note...I see you are from Oregon. If you don't have a new rig by August 10th there will be over 30 Heartland rigs at the Pacific Regional Rally in Canyonville, OR. I know AnaLyn and I would be amenable to showing our coach and perhaps others might too! PM us if you have any questions!

Best Wishes!

jtaylor

Thank you for the input and invite to the rally. I'll be checking with my better half about making the trip.

Thanks,
John

We have a 2011 BC3450TS and love it.
We have the Mocho Glaze Cabinets in the Kitchen, Microwave/Convection Oven, Dual Pane Windows, Fireplace, Central Vac, Cherry Wood Dining Room table option (instead of Black) Queen Bed Option (instead of the King) 2 batteries, all from the factory.
Added later, 2nd Air Conditioner (I should have listened to my salesman who recommended this when I ordered my rig) Fantastic Roof Vent Fans with remote control in kitchen and bath, 6 point level up system, Tri-Glide Pin Box, 8K axles with self adjusting brakes, Wet Bolts, The undercarriage storage boxes, with spare tire carrier, motion sensor outside lights, Trailer hitch, sewer hose storage tube.
We also just installed the glass tile back splash in the kitchen.

Philip

We have just struck a deal for a new 2012 BC 3450TS. We don't take delivery until Oct 15 and must drive a round trip of 700 miles to pick it up. We added a few options to be installed by the dealer....convection microwave, second awning to be installed over the slide, second air conditioner to installed in bedroom and a few lesser items as well. No regrets, just counting the days. This appears to be a very informative and helpful forum and really looking forward to being part of it!

Philip

zagguy

We just took delivery of of a new 2012 3450ts, I would love to see some pictures of upgrades, and here how your travels go. I am currently working on getting the tv to play through the surround. lots of great info on this site. good luck.:rolleyes:

dbbls59

We like our 3450. One change I would like is to have a kitchen island instead of the L shape. I know there are island floor plans but we liked the large bedroom slide with all the storage.

Sorry Jtaylor that I never got back on this thread before now.
You ask me what I weighted. The rig weighted in at 15,500. in Goshen in 2011.
I went in with a full load of fresh water to see what it would weight loaded.
We were over weight on the trailer axles only by 500#.
I normally carry only 1/4 of a tank of fresh water.
Even at 1/4 tank, I would be about 62# over.
We have since taken a few things out of the rig, and probably added more.
Every trip, I find something else I don't use, and it comes out.

Hockster

=====================================================================================================================================