Removing Drawer Under Oven

terry4591

Hello everyone,

I have searched here for an answer to my question but haven't quite found what I need. We have a 2011 Landmark San Antonio. We love the coach and have had very few problems. However, the bottom of the drawer under the oven is detaching in one corner. We can't figure out how to get it out of the opening. Is there a release on the tracks somewhere? TIA for any help.

Terry

jimtoo

Hi Terry,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if needed.

You should see a small lever, probably black or gray in color, at end of slide track when fully extended. One side you lift up and the other side you push down and it should let you pull the drawer out.

Let us know how it goes.

Jim M

jayc

Texas-South Chapter Leaders
When you depress the tabs, the drawer should pull straight out. To replace it, just set it back on the track and slide it in and it should lock in place.

jbeletti

Terry,

If by detached, you mean the drawer front is coming lose from the drawer box, I suggest you do this:

1. Remove the drawer (black tabs on sides of glides - hold one up and the other down and with your 3rd hand, pull drawer out)
  2. Drawer front may be stapled to the drawer box. Carefully press the drawer front back on, reseating those staples into their original holes
  3. Use some 1/2" long wood screws and screw them into the drawer front "from inside the box". Use maybe 4 of them going across

Best of luck and let us know how you come out.

GOTTOYS

Mine fell apart when it was almost new. Once I got it out, I removed the sides and ran them through my table saw to make the groove for the bottom wide enough for a 1/4" piece of plywood. I then copied the front and back panels using 1/2" plywood. In the front panel I cut another groove wide enough for a 1/4" drawer bottom. Reassembled the whole thing using some woodworkers glue and power driven narrow crown staples. Way better that new when finished.