Two little issues

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
Now that we're on the road things in the RV are getting a thorough shake down.

We have the 3690 with kitchen in the back. After our first drive I notice the panel that covers the 'wall' beneath the balcony railing was coming loose on the side closest to the exterior wall/couch slide. Last night, after drive number 2, half of the top of this board has pulled loose. The wall board was originally stapled in to the floor of the kitchen platform.

I'm wondering if it'd be okay to use a small bead of glue, such as liquid nails, in addition to tapping the staples back in. Is there anything behind this panel that we or a dealer might need to getto for repairs? Obviously we're worried about the slide catching the board.

The other little thing I noticed is the bottom two drawers in the dresser in the bedroom come out an inch or so while we're driving. Then they won't return to a normal 'fully seated' position when I try to close them. One side always is a quarter of an inch out while the other side is flush.

Any suggestions on how to fix this? In the scheme of things it's a tiny issue, I just don't want to mess the dresser up.

Thanks so much. Loving our unit!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Rather than trying to tap the staples back in, which didn't do any good it appears, try using small #4 wood screws. If there's framing in the space to attach it to, that is. Don't use the glue if you even think getting back in there is a possibility. You can find brown colored screws like I mentioned at woodworking stores, like Rockler's or Woodcraft. There's probably one near you.

GOTTOYS

I would not worry about it and ad it to your "list". There will be other things you're going to find. Bring it to the dealer in a couple of weeks and let them go over it.,,Don

JohnDar

I would not worry about it and ad it to your "list". There will be other things you're going to find. Bring it to the dealer in a couple of weeks and let them go over it.,,Don

True. I forgot that you're still a "newbie" and under warranty.

Sajo

I know you're both proud of that new coach as we are ours. We had a problem with the overhead cabinet doors coming loose from the hinge and liquid nail does the trick. Having looked at the 3690 I know where your talking about but I don't know whats behind the panel. We're headed to Foley, Al. this weekend for a few day's
and having purchased our unit in the area, we're having minor things looked at.

How does this unit pull with the F-350 SRW? We were maxed out with our 2500HD so we purchased a 2012 Dodge 3500 dually this week. This will be our first trip with the new truck. It's rated GVWR 12,300 and towing at 28,000. This will be more than enough tow vehicle.

sajo

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
I know you're both proud of that new coach as we are ours. We had a problem with the overhead cabinet doors coming loose from the hinge and liquid nail does the trick. Having looked at the 3690 I know where your talking about but I don't know whats behind the panel. We're headed to Foley, Al. this weekend for a few day's
and having purchased our unit in the area, we're having minor things looked at.

How does this unit pull with the F-350 SRW? We were maxed out with our 2500HD so we purchased a 2012 Dodge 3500 dually this week. This will be our first trip with the new truck. It's rated GVWR 12,300 and towing at 28,000. This will be more than enough tow vehicle.

sajo

We're enjoying her immensely.

The truck is such a champ. I couldn't imagine a truck handling any better. We drove over 500 miles with the trailer last week, up some crazy steep, sharp hills and in pouring rain and I felt completely at ease. We even had to back her up a hill to get her in her spot and the truck was off the pavement in wet grass and didn't even have to hit the four wheel drive.

We do have (what I consider) extra wide off road tires and initially I thought that was overkill, but now I think that really helps the truck feel more secure while towing. I've never hauled with a dually before, but I imagine that these tires feel more dually like than standard tires.

We're pretty besotted with the truck this week. He's a little dirty at the moment. Lol

JohnDar

besotted: to muddle with drunkedness or infatuation. I certainly hope it's the latter and not the former;).

porthole

Retired
lWe even had to back her up a hill to get her in her spot and the truck was off the pavement in wet grass and didn't even have to hit the four wheel drive.

Finding out you need 4WD after you get stuck can lead to some interesting comments

iPhone using Tapatalk