Broken Lock on door and other issues

Porkchop

Someone broke the key in the door. Where would I find replacements and would it be easy to change out? Or should I bite the bullet and buy the keypad RV lock. LOL.

Its for the back door, so it's not as important...

Also, when we were backing the RV up into a tight spot, I noticed that our tires looked off kilter. I don't know how to really explain it except when it was going up the driveway (from the road to the driveway, you know the small concrete slope). The back tire went one way and the front tire went the other way! I don't think that's normal is it?

I also hear a lot of creaking when we are turning.

Let me know what you think.

thank you!
Irene

DougS

Doug S
Try taking the lock off the door and take it to a locksmith, might be cheaper.

Tires on a trailer will twist in different directions especially while backing, that is why most of us stay with trailer tires instead of going to truck tires (thicker side walls). What I do is pull forward after backing, then back a short straight distance to straighten tires out.

jnbhobe

Tires on a trailer will twist in different directions especially while backing, that is why most of us stay with trailer tires instead of going to truck tires (thicker side walls).

I'll still stick with LT tires.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
The tires are probably nothing to worry about. A few months ago we ran into the same thing - although the tires were so twisted we thought they were gonna twist right off! We'd made a very sharp turn. Once we straightened out all was well. Of course, we checked with our Heartland friends (we were on the way to a rally) and were assured that it was a normal occurrence.

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
I'm so glad you asked about the twisting tires. I was on my way over to ask the same thing, bc I've noticed it myself while Eric is backing up the trailer. Nothing too extreme yet, but certainly enough to notice and wonder. There's a sticker above our tires that says EZ Flex, so I guess that's why they twist.

Also I've noticed they leave black marks as they're backing up. We don't feel any unusual resistance. Perhaps bc the tires are brand new?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You will see marks from your tires on the pavement because when you make a turn one tire on each side is actually skidding sideways.
EZFlex is a suspension item and has nothing to do with the normal twisting seen on the wheels.

Peace
Dave