Battery

SeldomSeen

Is it advisable to connect two batteries together on a 29mk Greystone or is one battery enough to efficiently operate everything?

gasman

Camp Socializer
If you're going to dry camp you will want 2 batteries. If you use 12 volt batteries hook positive to positive and negative to negative. If you always use shoreline power then one battery is probably sufficient.

Gaffer

Get the second battery. If they are not of the same capacity and age, you could have problems. Always replace them in pairs.

ZNK

A second battery is always something good to get the dealer to throw in! I made it imperative for the dealer to give me a second battery or I wouldn't make the deal.

pegmikef

For dry camping I like to use two Trojan 105 six volt batteries (greater amperage than two 12 volt batteries)

porthole

Retired
A second battery is always something good to get the dealer to throw in! I made it imperative for the dealer to give me a second battery or I wouldn't make the deal.

Having two cheap batteries thrown in by the dealer may not be the best option.
One quality deep cycle battery is better then two cheap starting batteries.

But to the OP, as mentioned, unless you are going to dry camp for more then a day or two, one battery should suffice. Realizing of course, you can't leave 12 volt stuff on all day.

ZNK

Having two cheap batteries thrown in by the dealer may not be the best option.
One quality deep cycle battery is better then two cheap starting batteries.

But to the OP, as mentioned, unless you are going to dry camp for more then a day or two, one battery should suffice. Realizing of course, you can't leave 12 volt stuff on all day.

Well I got two deep cycle marine batteries with mine. So, I guess you need ask for the right thing. So, yes having two deep cycle marine batteries is better than one.

SeldomSeen

Thanks everyone for your opinions, think since we will not be doing much dry camping I will just stay with one battery for now. Thanks again!

camr

If they are not of the same capacity and age, you could have problems. Always replace them in pairs.

Are we talking about batteries or women? Mr. Moderator!! A little help here, please. This thread is on a downhill spiral.