Crack in front nose cap

blueoval

Has anyone else had this problem or had this problem? Our unit is 4 weeks old, came off the factory line sometime around 5/18/12

We are having a new rubber roof installed (long story) and the service company noticed crack’s in the front nose cap where it wraps down over the side wall and just before the rubber roof and just above the rain gutter. It looks like the person in the factory fastened the rain gutter trim to tight and it pushed the front nose cap in nd caused the cracks. It is only on one side (driver side of the unit).

danemayer

You might be the first. Get some pics that clearly show the problem, have your VIN # ready, and call Customer Service at 877-262-8032.

The rep will likely ask you to email the pictures to him. I'd have them ready to go in an email draft with my VIN #, etc. and shoot it to him while on the phone. If email's working well at both ends, you'll be able to discuss it without waiting.

blueoval

Was leaving a MO state park and a tree was overhand just at te right spot. It chattered a spot about 3' long. Was worried about the pass side with the other tree and thought the tree on the driver side was not problem. MO state parks don't believe tree should be cut back or down next to the roads. The park we were camping has a tree over the road and they have a sign on the road saying 12' 5" clearance and use caution. Tree is over 300 years old and I understand that's why they keep it but they could at least move the road. These rigs cost to much money.

Heard today that the factory is going to repair it but they want to wait a month or so and a couple of trips to make sure the cracks don't get bigger.

danemayer

they want to wait a month or so and a couple of trips to make sure the cracks don't get bigger.

Since you're getting info 2nd hand, to avoid miscommunications, I would call Heartland Customer Service to confirm they have authorized warranty repair and the dealer plan to wait.

blueoval

We do not have a Sundance dealer in St Louis, I have been working with JD in customer service and he has been very helpful with workimg with me and a local repai shop. Matter fact he emailed me couple of weeks ago and thanked me for turning him on to this highly rate repair shop in St Louis and that he is going to start sending other heartland customers there. He said I was luck to find such a good shop. I am going to call JD tomorrow and confirm what the repair shop said.

I have owned Jayco and Forest River and so heartland blows those guys out of the water for service.

jimtoo

Thanks for the update. You might post the name and contact of the repair shop your using. Good for him and also good for others that might need some repairs done.

Jim M

blueoval

I picked up our coach yesterday late afternoon and mandoes it look fantastic. I talk to JD @ Heartland yesterday morning to reconfirmeverything and I asked him if he has seen pictures of the repair. Quote from JD" I asked Bob if he wanted to come up and work on the line or help trainguys on the line."

Here is the name of the company in St Louis - RECTEC, INC. (314)731-9080 Bob orKevin (Owners).

They have been in business for 15 years. They worked for a couple of localdealers and saw them turning away customers including people traveling throughtown, so they said there is a need to help these people.

If you need service and or traveling through town and need service give them acall and they will take care of you. Heartland is going to start sendingHeartland coach owners there direction.