Jim's New Landmark Discussion

mrcomer

Past Ohio Chapter Leaders (Founding)
Hey Jim,
How about fill us in on what you will be looking for in the next rig. What floorplan? Are you interested in the new prototype floorplan we saw at the with the newer interior decor? Well??????????????

Can't wait and very excited for you,
Mark

jbeletti

Hi Mark,

I moved your post to a new thread here.

Thanks for asking about the new unit plans. I am actually waiting for all the new floor plans to settle out before we decide which one we want. Of course, we really like the layout of our Mt. Rushmore but we aren't totally opposed to some change.

We don't prefer the side aisle models but they are really gaining popularity, not just with Heartland but with SOBs too.

The most important floor plan thing for us is the kitchen. We do a lot of cooking when we RV and I need counter space for food preparation.

The second most important floor plan thing for us is chair placement vs. the television location in terms of viewing angle. We don't watch tons of TV in the RV but when we do, it's nice to be straight across from the screen. As such, we've preferred plans that have the chairs (not the sofa) straight across from the TV and not in the rear cap.

As the new Landmarks are based on what I believe to be the same frame as the Bighorns, the floor plans I have seen so far do not allow you to put the sofa in the rear cap and be able to close the slides. This means chairs in the rear cap instead. Not ideal for us but with the new LCD sets on articulating brackets - who knows?

We're keeping an open mind about it. We'll find something nice I am sure!

I'll keep people post on this thread.

Jim

seamo

Bob and Christina Seaman
Jim welcome to the club of the 2 of the same kind of RVers. We had a Golden Gate now 07 Grand Canyon...not many can say that--we own two...loved them both yet I do really like my GC. We are camped with Big Mama on Pike's Peak-only open one night for camping to see the Big Hill Climb tomorrow. It is the 85th running of it--see you in Houston. Christina Seaman