traveling with dogs

I was wondering if anyone used their garage for traveling with dogs?
The dogs usually ride in the truck with us, but we are doing a cross country trip in Jan. and I think they would be happier in their crates. They are all used to traveling in crates in a box truck on a daily basis to work and like their "personal space".
I need to put about 7 crates in the garage and there are few tie downs so wondered about putting eye hooks in the walls to secure crates. Anyone done this or have suggestions for supplemental tie downs?
Also.. has anyone run their generator while driving?
Thanks!

Dawn and Doug and the fur kids

Loco

TR,
We carry our dog in the back all the time when we go on family trip. We only have one dog and a cat but they ride back there fine in the crates. I use my floor tracks with rachet straps to tie the crates down and we have even put them back there with the Harleys. The trailer rides very well so the crates do not move much. Our rig as a Gen Set so we run the gen set while on the road so the dog and cat have AC in the summer. We do not not in the winter. If it is a very short trip we just let them ride lose in the trailer they just lay on the bed and sleep.