coax layout

danemayer

Thanks so very much. So this looks like if I hook up to satellite I should be able to get tv in both the living room and bedroom right?
If these diagrams reflect your rig, probably not without additional work.

These diagrams both show a single coax line for satellite. I'm not sure which room has the coax plate, but I'd guess it's in the living area. The coax plate on the inside has one connector for satellite and another for TV Antenna or Cable. There's likely a button on that plate to turn on the amplifier, which is intended to amplify signals from the TV antenna. It should be off to watch cable. It has nothing to do with satellite.

Satellite signals usually won't feed through that powered device, so attaching a satellite dish coax wire to the cable input will usually not work.

If you have 2 satellite receivers, and you have 2 coax lines coming off the dish, the easiest way to get satellite signals to the 2nd receiver is to run a cable through the window. There are flat cables made for this purpose. You can also run a coax line through floor or wall to have a more permanent solution.

egrabill

I just purchased a 2013 Rushmore and according to the tech at the dealership, if I wanted satellite in the bedroom I would have to have 2 receivers. I am sorry, but this is dumb. This is our 4th fifth wheel, two have been top of the line but they all had the same thing in common, satellite in bedroom was managed by hitting a switch. True you would be watching the same channel on both tv's but at least it was satellite tv. Sorry, but the price of the Rushmore deserves a better setup. Running a cable through the window is not the correct answer

danemayer

My Directv receiver doesn't provide any way to feed 2 TV's without additional 3rd party equipment. You must have had something different from mine. The 2nd receiver seems like a pretty standard arrangement at home and in the RV.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

cswarts

I dont like flat cables through the windows we pay too much for luxury to go ghetto so i put the flat wire in the ceiling in the bedroom bypassing the antenna since i was putting in DIRECTV. Disc onnect cable from the circuit board and connect flat cable to it and then connect to the connection coming out of ceiling. Bypassed circuit board and now have 2 independant tvs but both with DIRECTV so my wife and i can still watch our favorite shows without watching the others.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome the the forum Capstm8s.
I dont know if this will help you, but I found a coax diagram in the HOM, Heartland Owners Manuals.
That can be found at the top of the page.
HERE is the link I found.
Hope it helps.

Peace
Dave