Fresh water connection

Gary Steeves

I made the attached water connections using 1/2 " PVC T's and elbows with garden hose fittings. Water input is with a quick connect (bottom left). The bottom right quick connect goes to the tank discharge couplings. Each hose connection has it's own shut off valve, making it easy to direct water where you want it without disconnecting or reconnecting hoses. I do not leave the hose to the fresh water tank in the shown position, rather keeping the cap on. The black water flush has an anti-back flow fitting as does the tank discharge fitting.

The entire assembly is attached to the side with 3 "clamps" that only fit snug so the unit can be swiveled to access the shower door.

It was easy to make, without much investment and makes hooking up a snap and flushing the tanks easy as well.

Attachments

• scan0006.jpg
    scan0006.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 205

tstammer

tstammer
Water connection

Gary,

Im on my way to Home Depot after this post to get supplies needed, looks great and also a time saver I do alot of dry camping. Will you be attending the East Coast Rally in South Carolina in October?

ChopperBill

Now I have another project! Great idea! However, I haven't quite gripped the second quick coupler deal. You do what with it?

katkens

Founding Illinios Chapter Leader-retired
ChopperBill said:
Oh! I see. Sort of an auxiliary connection. Even better!
Its there so you can water all the flowers and grass around the campsite or the neighbors campfire. :D -----Ken

madigand

Nice Job. Now I have another project and can get rid of all the wye connectors I use. Thanks for the great idea

K

Ken Washington

The only thing that bothers me about this set up is that if a valve starts to leak, you could end up with sewage backing up in your unit. That is why you will not see the factory provide this as standard. Also, I would make sure no one has access to these valves.

Ken

Gary Steeves

Ken - Good points. To reduce the possibility of a leaking valve, a second valve could be installed at the sewage cleanout connection.

I always keep my doors locked - so hopefully no problems from others.

Thanks for the comments. Together, we can improve designs to make them better !!

Forrest Fetherolf

Install an in-line anti-backflow valve between the sewer sanitation connector and on-off valve. We use this type of valve when the house sewer connection is lower than the uphill sewer man-hole. The valve prevents sewage from backing up into the house when the sewer line below the house connection plugs. These valves are also use in uphill irrigation systems to prevent water lines from draining back through the anti-siphon valve.

Gary Steeves

Forrest, I am currently using the anti-backflow valve as you suggest - however, I believe Ken's concern is if the "on-off" valve to the sanitation connector leaks or is turned on accidently, it could fill the black water tank, and on into the coach. My last post above suggests a double "on-off" valve to prevent the "leaking valve" or accidental turn-on problem.

Gary

5erWonk

Sweet....I just finished installing a second bank of golf cart batteries and was wondering what to do next:D

Thanks Gary