a/c stopped working

J.Murphy

I have a 2013 27FQBS on our third trip out the A/C has stopped working . It has a Coleman Mach analog thermostat. Not sure what is going on but if I put thermostat on FAN it makes a humming sound but nothing comes out. When I set thermostat to COOL blower comes on but it's not cool air coming out and it only runs on high speed. Is the thermostat bad or is it something more serious?

J.Murphy

ATF: North Country - A/C NOT WORKING

I have a 2013 27FQBS On our third trip out the A/C has stopped working. It has a Coleman Mach analog thermostat. When I switch it to FAN it only makes a humming sound and nothing comes out on either low or high settings. When I switch it to COOL it blows out air but its not cool and only comes out fast no matter if its on low or high setting. Could the thermostat be bad or is it something more serious?

hoefler

Pull the shroud on top, check for wasp's nest on the fan, shaft, and condenser. The hum could be the compressor running and the fan stuck from a wasp's nest.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
J.Murphy, I pulled the thread from the ATF section as it is a duplicate of this one. Because your rig is so new I would suggest calling your dealer for help. You may get some other ideas here but it's hard to diagnose these types of problems here. Maybe someone has had the same symptoms??? I'm sure Heartlands initial response would be to contact your dealer also.
Did it stop working all of a sudden? If it had been running and just stopped, it may have frozen up. there is also a sensor in the return air plenum that is attached to the condenser coils. This may have come loose and fallen off the coil.