Shocking....

soilmovers

(this post concerns electrical ground wires not attached to the frame.)

I have come to the conclusion that our 2012 Bighorn 3685 had no quality control inspection at the factory- zero. What's going on at Heartland?

Another water line came loose and flooded the basement. This is the second time. Some of the questionable clamps were replaced after the first line broke. The water pressure is very low as we use a regulator.

Nick and I got all the water out, dropped the bottom covers and removed the wall partitions in the basement.

I guess things happen for a reason- while inspecting the converter, wires, etc for damage by the water, we noticed two copper ground wires loose- flopping in the breeze. One was from the converter and the other appeared to be coming from the panel box. Neither was attached to the trailer frame. I assume these are the main grounds for the trailer. Isn't this dangerous? How did this get by an inspector?

Our first Bighorn was a great unit and that's why we bought this new one. Seriously, it looks like first graders came in a couple mornings to help build it.

Calling Heartland tomorrow morning........

hoefler

The ground wires could be for the convertor, look on the convertor, there is a ground lug for a ground wire.

danemayer

Soilmovers, were some of the earlier repairs done by a dealer? Have you talked to the dealer about other things that might have been done before you took delivery?

Maybe Heartland dropped the ball, but there are certainly other possibilities.

It might be good to take a deep breath before calling Heartland in the morning. As the old saying goes, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

soilmovers

Soilmovers, were some of the earlier repairs done by a dealer? Have you talked to the dealer about other things that might have been done before you took delivery?

Maybe Heartland dropped the ball, but there are certainly other possibilities.

It might be good to take a deep breath before calling Heartland in the morning. As the old saying goes, you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

Yes, I agree, I'm not trying to be ugly about this. The RV has not been to the dealer since purchased. Repairs have been made on site as we use it for work. There have been a lot of obvious "problems" that should have been done at the factory. Heartland was contacted with the list of original repairs.

We buy new equipment to avoid time-consuming repairs. Just frustrated.

soilmovers

The ground wires could be for the convertor, look on the convertor, there is a ground lug for a ground wire.

one wire is connected to the converter, but it is not connected to the frame. The other one appears to come from the breaker box and is also coiled up on the floor. What good is a ground wire if it's not grounded to the frame? I believe this is a huge safety issue!

ZNK

If it truly was no grounded the converter would not work. It requires a ground to operate. I have installed a new converter in an old camper and I could not get it to work until I found a strong grounding location.