Rejex For Cleaning Trailer

MaxOwner

Hey all.

Read from another member about using Rejex for cleaning the outside of the trailer.

Does anyone have any experience using this line of products?

There is a concentrated product for bugs on the front. And a diluted version for washing the rest of the trailer.

Any thoughts?

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Haven't used it myself, but there was a thread going on here recently and lots of folks swore by it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I have used it for years on my bikes and now on my Big Country. It is not a cleaner but a "sealer". If you apply it to a clean, new surface, it will keep it in great condition and make bug removal extremely easy by comparison to other products. HERE is a link to the Rejex FAQ's.

Not experienced withtheir brand of soaps/cleaners.

From their website...
RejeX provides better protection against UV deterioration and fading that any wax-type product we're aware of. RejeX is a tough, impermeable polymer film, so even though it does not contain specific UV inhibitor ingredients, just by its more durable nature it’s going to outlast and out-protect wax-ype protective coatings. Waxes have a very limited life span, and as they degrade they lose their ability to protect from environmental damage. That’s why most wax-type products must add UV inhibitors. RejeX seals paint behind a polymer film barrier, which effectively retards the oxidation process. Two coats of RejeX will effectively block 100% of harmful UV. Recent UV testing on RejeX by two major protective film and vinyl graphic manufacurers showed that RejeX's UV protection qualities are so good, it can increase the life of protective films and vinyl graphics by as much as 50%.

Best Wishes!

ZNK

Yeah, do a search and there a many threads discussing this. Many of them do swear by the product. I think from my research any strong marine type wax product will allow the needed protection of your rig.

murry135

New York Chapter Leaders - retired
I used REJEX last year for the first time and it is all of what it is suppose to be. I love it and it last. Gone from 3-4 waxings to one a year. Bugs do come off with light washing and entire surface can be cleaned easily with soap and water throughout the season. I recomend it.

beardedone

Beardedone
What product do most of you use to clean the surface before before applying the Rejex. I have lots of common cleaners but is there one that would work better with the Rejex?

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I just use Blue Coral Auto wash nothing special. It seems to work fine. If there is a heavy wax build-up you might want to use Dawn dish soap or something similar. It does a pretty good job removing the wax. Never tired the Extreme Clean I guess because Rejex products are not readily available in my area and I an too cheap...at $24 a gallon I can buy nearly 8 gals of Blue Coral at Wally World.

MaxOwner

Thanx to all.

Have Rejex and Pro Wash RX on order.

Trying to apply this stuff outta the sun will be tough........

mikeandconnie

I spent the last 6 days waxing with Rejex. Man! The key largo is a lot of work but looks great after. If you going to do this much work it best to use the best. I have always waxed twice year with rejex and do the front cap before every trip to protect from the bugs. We also use it at work on our aircraft, it's good stuff.

I would only wax in the shade. One side in the morning and the other in the afternoon.

mikeandconnie

I do all by hand, one small section at a time. My arms joints can only take few hours a day so it takes me several days. I'm scared of the buffers because they can remove the clear coat and cause swirl marks. It took one full bottle on the Key largo.

sjs731

I bought mine on eBay. It was a couple dollars cheaper than from the Rejex site and I got free shipping. I pulled my rig out of storage and washed it and then put in back in the pole building to apply Rejex. Took about 6 hours all hand applied. Shoulders and arms were sore but rig looks great and bugs and black streaks come right off. It is good to have a friend who no longer farms and rents out space for storing RVs.

Snowtek

Been using Rejex for about a year now. use on both my Augusta and my 1 ton dually. Nothing works better or lasts longer and absolutely nothing can top it for the front of your rig for easy removal of bugs. Remember to thoroughly wash with Dawn dishwashing liquid before applyin the Rejex.

wlosi

Thanks for the info on waxing with Rejex. Is it available at most dealerships?? Also, any recommendations about cleaning and conditioning the roof

We put Rejex all over our Landmark in June of this year. After towing all of the way to Alaska and back, the shine is still there. We washed it 3-4 times while we were on the trip. Rejex is good stuff! We applied it by hand without a buffer. Lots of work, but worth it.

rumaco

US Army Retired (CW4)
REJEX is great for keeping bugs off but does only a fair job at oxidation protection. REJEX is not a wax or a feeder it is a protector for the surface and that is not where the problems start. UV especially in the winter begin to structurally change the undersuface of Polys and fiberglass surfaces and works outwards until a chaulk begins to form. A cleaner/wax with a feeder to protect the inside is what you need. Everyone that says they have used REJEX make the same comment "wow it sure does shine" and yes it does but the only thing it protects from is bugs and road tars. Maguires makes a product specifically for RV surfaces called Maguires 50 and after I found out about it I never looked back. It feeds the undersuface and shines better the REJEX and lasts about 2 years without reapplication. I used REJEX and IF your are going to put a feeder/cleaner/wax on after you have to clean the REJEX off because true wax will not adhere over it or penetrate to feed the surface. Maguires is far easier to apply and outlasts it by a long shot. The way I found out about it is from my brother-in-law who owns an automotive painting store and business. I asked him about the surface and how to protect it and showed him REJEX which he won't sell and he then ordered me the Maquires 50....best thing I ever did!!! Just mky three cents worth.

MaxOwner

The plot thickens..............

I've had Rejex on order for a few months now. The local dealer had a fire and isn't getting new inventory untill things are cleaned up.

May be a sign from the gods?

Thanx Rumaco.

Wmnmy

I use FW1 fastwax.com waterless wash wax takes bugs sap tar oxidation off however I do wash it before and let mt rig dry it shines it up great two years old in Vegas sun looks new . I have used it only on my motorcycle and truck without water it's great bugs come off easy love this product. Takes me less than two hours to do my 29. Footer