Dometic microwave/convection oven

Is anyone having problems with their Micro/convection ovens heating up to an acceptable temperature in a reasonable time. I can heat things OK but certainly can't cook or bake anything.
Is it me or the microwave?

jpmorgan37

Well Goonie, I don't know which model you have. We have the Dometic which we've had replaced because it didn't come up to the set temperature. What we've found is that we have to set it about 25 degrees higher than we want. Also, when we do the preheat, it needs to go about 10 minutes longer, after the signal goes off. Our new one is the same as the previous one. Ours cooks and bakes just fine if we use these guidelines. We don't have the propane oven so we have to use the Convection oven. Being fulltimers and my DW loves to cook, it gets lots of use.

John

Dometic micro/oven

Thanks for that information...yes it is a Dometic. Fortunately I do have the oven so don't have to rely on it as I've found that very frustrating. Did the dealer replace your oven or did you go direct to Dometic regarding the problem?

jpmorgan37

I called Dometic and they told me to take it to a repair facility for evaluation. I had RSI in Elkhart replace it when I was at the Rally. Try what I said that we do. Maybe it will work for you also.

John