End Cap Fading on Gray Big Country

PhilPam

We have a 2011 Big Country 3595RL and the front end cap is starting to fade at the top on the rounded edge up to the seam with the roof. Is anyone else have this problem.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I have read of a few instances of this occurring when they changed to the gray color scheme in the 2011 models. Ours is a 2011 manufactured in Sept 2009. The day I took delivery I coated both front a rear caps with Rejex and continued to do so twice yearly. We have side-stepped the fading but I did notice just this spring that it is beginning to fade on the very top where I did not reach well with the Rejex while on a step ladder. I don't think there is much you can do. The Rejex is a great UV inhibitor for a topical but eventually the gray caps seem to fade. I wonder if that's why they changed colors? I am hoping it doesn't get all splotchy looking down the front of the cap!

GOTTOYS

Mine is starting to go up near the top. I don't think you can do much to prevent it. It's from a lack of UV inhibitor in the gel-coat. The color on the caps is impregnated into the fiberglass. It is not painted. I'm getting some estimates on painting mine to eliminate the problem...Don

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
While at the Virginia Rally, Jim Reyes had a similar problem on his gray Big Country. They bought a product in the camp store (maybe he can post the name of it) and Jim Marigliano (murry135) went up on the roof and applied it. I sent him an email asking for them to post this information. It really did look great when they were finished!

Vtxkid

I was told by a Heartland Rep at the last RV show this year to call Heartland and explain my concern with my cap. It's my understanding that they are covering the cost on having the front cap repainted one time. This is apparently a 2011 problem only. Heartland started painting the grey caps for 2012 due to the issues of the 2011 gelcoat fade. I've noticed the same concern with my front cap on my 2011 Cyclone HD and want to wait till this fall to have it repainted but I will be calling them this week to have it documented.

JIM-GERI

Hi Guys, I will post the product name as soon as get my Big Country home it's in the basement. It worked Great Thanks to my Jim. Thanks Jim "Cosmo" Reyes

Vtxkid

Just to let you know, the Heartland Rep also told me their is nothing that will revive the gray on the front cap except to paint it. Anything outside of painting it will only be a temporary fix.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

JJnLilly

Am having the same problems with the front of my 2011 Greystone. Maybe I need to contact Heartland too. I've tried a number of things, but the light gray seems to be spreading.