Fireplace flame

Getting Bighorn repaired after electrician put in a 220 v plug and fried half the RV. I swear the fireplace flame is different but the dealer said it is OK. The flame control slows the flicker but the flame sure looks a lot higher and doesn't look natural. Can someone tell me how far their flame comes up from the bottom of the unit? We remember the flame being much lower. Thanks T

brianharrison

I can measure the flame height when I get home - Dimplex may be the supplier of your fireplace. Here is the link to their 26" Self trimming fireplace installed in some RVs--> http://www.dimplex.com/consumer_pro...boxes/df2608/26_selftrimming_electric_firebox.

Check the owners manual on the above link (on the downloads tab) - the Flame Action Control with Potentiometer or Light Dimmer Control with Potentiometer may not have been replaced with the correct part if they were replaced after your 220V experience. Or the lights in the Fireplace may not have been replaced with the correct wattage.

Try this out first.

Hope this helps.
Brian

EDIT: My fireplace is Dimplex BF8000ST - the flame pattern is similar to Dan's (below). The Flame action control only slows down the speed of the flickering. My Light dimmer control does not seem to do anything - I guess my internal lights (above ones, I think) are burnt out. I probably need to replace them. The wattage on the BF8000ST is 15W candelabra (small base) for the uppers, 60W for the lowers (3 in my case). Your lower bulbs (for flame?) may have been replaced with a higher wattage units? Hope this helps.

Last edited: