generator operation

ddallison

Gen-tur

Can anyone tell me a bit about the Gen-turi I am considering one. Are the a must if running a generator all night for the air conditioner.

jimtoo

Re: Gen-tur

Hi ddallison,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum and to the family. We have a great bunch of people here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge if.

Since I don't have a generator or use one I can't say good or not... but do like the idea of venting the exhaust above the unit. I'm sure some others will jump in soon with their thoughts.

Enjoy the forum.

Jim M

Sandpirate69

I have used one in the past. It's great because you don't get the exhaust coming at you under the rig when the wind changes direction. One thing to keep in mind, you want to locate it as far from any roof vent as possible. I did get a little exhaust from the bathroom vent one time, but I closed it and it was good. I don't have in installed on my Road Warrior because I haven't been able to get the correct size exhaust pipe to run it to the rear of the rig. If you go to the races (Nascar) you will want to be considerate, plus not smell your own exhaust.

Good luck,

danemayer

I leave the door closed. The generator manual has a page of do's and don'ts but seems to be silent on this point.

Your neighbors will thank you.

gasman

Camp Socializer

My Onan draws it's air from underneath so there is no advantage to leaving the door open.

porthole

Retired

I unlatch the door, and sometimes leave it up on the hook. But, the front cover of the Genny should stay on with it running, the cover is designed to allow air to be drawn around the engine.