Replace shade cord

76merc58

On our 2011 21FBS the bathroom shade cord is frayed and won't stay open. I found a site that sells the replacement cord and tool, but can the shade be removed (from under the valance) to do this? Looks like there are clips to hold it in, but not sure if it is removable? These are just standard shades and not Day/Night shades.

danemayer

Hi 76Merc58,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. I moved your thread to the NorthTrail-Interior section of the forum and I'm sure you'll get some answers quickly. We have a great group of people here who have tons of experience and are willing to help.

jimtoo

This link to repairing the shades. You will probably need to locate screws for valance and remove it to remove shade.

Again welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum.

Jim M

76merc58

Thank you, does anyone know where to get the cord to replace, found similar cord in fabric stores, but would like to get the beige/almond color that is on the shade and not the white that I found in the local fabric stores?

pegmikef

Thank you, does anyone know where to get the cord to replace, found similar cord in fabric stores, but would like to get the beige/almond color that is on the shade and not the white that I found in the local fabric stores?

I just use 80 pound test fishing leader line. It is almost clear so it blends in with the shade color, won't fray, rot in the sun or break. I keep a spool of it in my fixit stuff under one of the chairs.

pegmikef

How do you keep the line from curling back up?

The eighty pound stuff doesn't have the memory or curling problems that lower test fish lines do. It stays straight as soon as you unwind it. I connect one end to the metal clamp on the spring mechanism (in the top rail) and use a nonslip knot on the bottom end retainer. Have had to fix three so far. I think the sun helps break down the string and then it frays.

ZNK

Ahh. I guess I didnt think about the thicker stuff not being as curly. Good idea!