North Trail 31Red

mrojao

I have a serious issue with a sagging floor in my 2008 31Red. Anyone else have this issue?

I have a 2009 31RED that was built in 2008. I have small gray stains in the linoleum inside and outside the rear cabinet under the picture window. I think water is getting in somewhere and running under the linoleum but I can't find the leak. I'm starting to suspect the window is leaking along the seam in the window frame. The floor is not sagging yet but it seams mushy. The walls inside and outside are just like new so the water must not be getting on the walls.

I also have a problem with outside front fiberglass is getting wavy. I think it is coming unglued from the plywood underneath it. My model has the fiberglass the runs from the roof to the floor without the metal splash guard.

The roof looks good and all the seams are fine.

I need help too.:confused:

danemayer

Hi mrojao,

Sorry to hear you're having these problems. It does sound like you may have a water leak. Although the roof looks good and all the seams look fine, I'd ask when you last recaulked. I'm not a caulking expert, but there have been a few posts about caulk that suggest that sometimes it can look pretty good but still have shrunk and pulled loose in spots.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Since your rig is nearly five years old, has it ever been caulked?
I would suggest removing any old caulk from around the rear window and caulking the top and two sides of the frame.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2