Any experience with 31Red and Toyota Tundra?

TJfromFL

Re: 31Red

I pull a 2011 North Trail 31rlss with the Tundra 5.7 w/ no problems. Never had it in the mountains though, so cant respond to those conditions.

From what I read the 31red dry is 5400lbs. My 32buds is 7000 and I'm pulling it with a 5.3l Silverado. I don't see you having a problem pulling it as long as you have the right hauling package and axle ratio.

APT

Payload is the problem towing 6500-7000 pounds is the Crewmax which has 1200-1400 pounds available. Assuming based on the model that you do not have a large family to take, keep the truck bed empty and you should be fine. Plenty of power with the 5.7L and 4.30 gear.

I will warn you the 31RED is a low model, 2-entry step model like mine. Navigating some driveways can scrap, even with my 3' shorter TT. I really like the RED floorplan, though!

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

From what I read the 31red dry is 5400lbs. My 32buds is 7000 and I'm pulling it with a 5.3l Silverado. I don't see you having a problem pulling it as long as you have the right hauling package and axle ratio.

Is your crew cab a 2500 or the 1500? Any issues with towing? I tow my 31BDSS with extended cab 5.3L Silverado. I am considering a TV upgrade sometime in the future.

ZNK

I recently upgraded from a Ford F-150 to a F-250 and the results were tremendous. Much easier and much more enjoyable towing experience. I recommend the TV upgrade.