Cable not working

jimmar

We hooked the cable into the plug in the back of the camper but was not able to get cable. The cable does work from the plug in the front of the camper, which meant we had to run the cable wire underneath the camper. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what we can check ourselves to get the cable to work on the back plug?

hriker

Look at cable connection at that end of the trailer to ensure the connection is not loose. This is a reoccurring issue for heartland. You may have to follow that cable line to find out where the loose connection is located.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
This is strange. You have TWO different exterior cable connectors? Are you sure one isn't for a satellite connection?

hriker

That could be the issue. There would be a separate connection for satellite.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Miller0758

Jim, I had the same issue on my BC and found that there was a splitter located under the stairs leading up front to the master bedroom and the cable running to the rear bunkhouse was not connected. I'm sure your unit is wired different however customer service should be able to provide you with a wiring schematic to assist in troubleshooting. Hopefully it's something simple such as plugging into the satellite hook-up instead of the cable

jimmar

This is strange. You have TWO different exterior cable connectors? Are you sure one isn't for a satellite connection?

We have a satellite and cable connection in the back of the camper where the hookups are and just a cable connection by the front door so I guess you can watch TV outside if you want. I'm positive they are both for cable.

jimmar

Thanks for the info. We will check the connection ourselves but if we run into any problem, we'll definately check with customer service. They have been very helpful on past issues.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
We have a satellite and cable connection in the back of the camper where the hookups are and just a cable connection by the front door so I guess you can watch TV outside if you want. I'm positive they are both for cable.

Hmmm, on our rig, the cable connection outside (in the basement) is only to connect a TV to, not for the incoming cable line. Like others have said, check the connectors on the back side of the connection for tightness and also check the interior connector.

TXTiger

Like boatto5er said, the connector on the outside basement is for connecting a monitor into for outside viewing. It is not a connection for the cable feed into the trailer. You would run a cable from this outside connection to the cable in connection on the monitor.

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders
We had our amplifier miswired. The antenna wire was using the cable input and the cable wire from outside was using the connected to the antenna input. Once we replaced all the connectors that were very poorly installed and swapped the cable and antenna wires to the correct inputs on the amplifier every thing worked much better. went from 1 poor quality tv station to over 40.

jimmar

Like boatto5er said, the connector on the outside basement is for connecting a monitor into for outside viewing. It is not a connection for the cable feed into the trailer. You would run a cable from this outside connection to the cable in connection on the monitor.

What you're saying makes sense but when we plugged the cable wire from the campground's cable feed into that plug by the front door, the TVs inside the camper worked. But we will check the connection on the backside of the camper as suggested. I am sure something has come loose or was never hooked up in the first place.

SmokeyBare

... And Turn off your Over the Air TV Antenna Amplifier... if its like many have... its the small button next to one of the TV coax connectors inside your RV.

When using Cable, the Ampflier caused interference with the signal strength of the Cable channels.

jhawk

We have a new Prowler 20RBS, and have had similar issues with the cable and satellite connections. We connected the cable to the connector at the back of the camper, and could not get a picture. We thought maybe the input connection for the cable and satellite were switched, and we tried that too - but it did not work. As a temporary fix - we bypassed it by running the cable through the rear window and directly to the t.v. and put this issue down on our warranty list. We took our Prowler out for its maiden voyage over the 4th of July. We had the same issue at the RV Park, and ended up running the cable inside through a window. After we had returned home we wanted to check all of the connections again - and, amazingly we were able to use the outside connection with success - but we connected it to the satellite, not the cable connection - and although we are using cable services it works fine. We have left this item on the warranty list - possibly the "satellite" and "cable" labels over the connections in the back are reversed?

rick_debbie_gallant

I am not sure if the "cable tech" is using the proper tools yet for making the connections when running the cable and antenna lines in the coach. I had to redo several of the f-connectors in our coach and some friends of ours coach because of crushed connectors, etc.