• Site fee: $59.00 for 2 nites.
  • Club Member Event fee: N/A
  • Non-Club Member fee: $10.00
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 10/27/2012
  • Potluck time: 6 PM
  • Raffle and 50-50 drawing

------------------------------
  • Event Leader: Bob&Patty(click to contact)

Additional Info:
------------------------------
We are having a "Halloween" rally this year. It is the weekend before Halloween. If you can bring Halloween decorations and a small amount of candy. In previous years we have had "trick or treaters" come by.

We will be having a potluck on Saturday evening around 6 PM. I am thinking simple. The club will provide hamburgers and hot dogs and all the fixin's. The club can or will provide water and sodas if we have a demand. We can also plan a meet-n-greet for Saturday afternoon for any newbies that join us. Have all your friends with SOB's come also. They always welcome and only cost $10.00 for free eats and a good time.

If we have enough campers we will have a 50-50 drawing and a raffle. I will update this as we get closer to the rally date.

Please post on this thread what campsite # you are in. Then we can dicuss what sides dishes everyone will bring. We dont need 50# of potato salad. We do need lots of firewood. Maybe bring some marshmellos to roast.

I can not reserve the sites. It is 1st come 1st serve. The sites are in camp ground "C". The last row is numbered 367-360 and the row across is numbered 349-338. Pat and I are in site #360, Chris and Carol Upton are in site # 361. You can reserve your site online. If the campsite is marked in "red" it is already reserved. This campground fills up pretty quickly for this time of year. You can reserve extra days if you wish.

Bob, your fearless leader

Bob and Patty site# 360
Chris and Carol site# 361
Trace and Teri site# 362 (staying extra days)
Stan and Sylvain site#
Bill and Dotty site# 366
Larry and Jodi site# 349
Dena and Roy site# 347
Greg and Rhonda site# 369 (new members)
Doyle and Janice site# 370 (SOB friends of Greg and Rhonda)
Neil and Nanci site# 348
Marty and Theresa site # 359
Tom and Marla site# 345
Floyd and Carol site# 356 ( staying extra days)
Tony and ? site# 367
Dick and Patti site# 346
John and Lori site# 358
Wayne and Melinda site#357
George and Vicky site#368
Don and Judy site# ??? Don wants to surprise us
Frank and Claudine site#325

Last edited:

jerwen

Jerry & Wendy will be there! Our first one!! We are looking forward to meeting every one. Reserved Site #364.

We will have to "cancel-out" of this one. We just booked a last minute 28 day cruise with Princess Cruise Lines and will be leaving the 20th of October.
We were really looking forward to meeting all of you folks, but will try to be there with you all on the next event.
Jerry & Wendy

Last edited:

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Bob,
You know we will be there. Site 362.
FYI, after staying at Skinner at least 6 times, we just found out recently they give half off for Passport America. (They don't advertise it, however). Trace

Last edited:

wdk450

Bob:
I think you need to edit the "cost" line. It is confusing.
I have already put in over 4000 miles on this Gillette trip, I'm still in Wyoming, I'm committed to the Oregon Western Regional rally in
August, but might move my annual visit back home to Hemet up, to go with your rally. A maybe for now.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Jerry and Wendy, its great that you can join us. Just bring your funny bone with you. The Socal group just has fun and fall under the category of "wild and crazy". Well, within reason.

Bill, thanks, I did change it. But, I don't remember putting in that way. I'm not so sure that the program for posting the rallys sometimes does not change somethings I enter. Anyway, I hope you can join us.

Last edited:

Bob&Patty

I just got off the phone with the Riverside County office for parks. The nice lady told that anyone that wants to come to the rally should sign up no later the a month and a half before the date. I also asked her if the county offers any "at a boys" for Good Sam, AAA, or any other old guy perks. Well, between November and March they give a discount for Passport America. Good information to know.

FlyerChief

Bill and Dotty will be there! Just reserved site #366. No guarantee what shape I'll be in as I will get off a plane from Australia at LAX at 6 AM that morning, but I'll try to rest on the plane!

We're brand new owners and will pick up our new Bighorn this coming Saturday (6/30). We will definately join the Owners Group as soon as I have a VIN to enter in the application. In the meantime, we will look forward to meeting folks nearby here in SoCal.

Bob&Patty

Bill and Dotty, welcome to Socal HL bunch. Will be looking forward to meeting you both. We have a fun loving bunch of people here. After the rally weekend we will always keep you in the loop. Some of us just go camping for the fun of it. 5 of us were at Pechenga this last weekend. BTW, do a very in depth PDI on your new Horn. Take all the time you need. Make sure that it is plugged in to 110V and has water hooked up also so you can check all the faucets and drain lines for leaks. Check the outside for any blemishes and make the dealer write it down on a "due bill". If you purchased it from Giant RV, they are good people to work with. If you have any questions about you coach and how things operate. We will all help you learn about your coach.

FlyerChief

Thanks, Bob! We're just over the hill from Pechanga in Fallbrook.
We did buy from Giant. We pick the BH up this Saturday. We've owned various RVs for a while, so I appreciate your advice about a detailed PDI. I plan to be VERY careful. Are there any specific issues that Heartland is 'famous' for that I should be on the lookout for?
Assuming we actually take delivery on Saturday, we're going out to the Outdoor Resorts in Aguanga as a shakedown trip right after the 4th of July.
By the way.....joined the Owners Group and SOCAL chapter this morning. Looking forward to meeting folks in October.

Bob&Patty

Bill and Dotty, yes. After being pulled from Indiana to here and being a "rolling eartquake". The main reason for having water pressure to the coach and running all the faucets is. Make sure there are no water leaks in any of the drain lines and water lines to the faucets. Look under the sinks and under the coach for water dripping. I'm going to send you a PM with my Ph#....that way we can talk about things. I hate to type. You are welcome to call me at anytime.

TXTiger

I will try to make this rally. I am having foot surgery on Sept 20th and not sure if I will be able to drive that soon. I will ask my Dr. and then reserve a spot.

Bob&Patty

The 1st thing is to get your foot fixed and healed. If you cant make it this year it wont be the last Socal rally or get together. A bunch of us just go camping for the heck of it. I will keep you in the loop.

Bob&Patty

Hi larry, haven't heard from you and Jodi for awhile. Glad your coming. See you then. BTW, make sure you bring Ryan.

Bob&Patty

We have a new Socal member joining us. They are Greg and Rhonda. They are bringing friends. Doyle and Janice, that have a SOB. Remember now, EVERYBODY, we must be on our best behavior until they get use to us. PLEASE. No water ballons fights the 1st nite or air horns and firecrackers to wake people up.

TandT

We have a new Socal member joining us. They are Greg and Rhonda. They are bringing friends. Doyle and Janice, that have a SOB. Remember now, EVERYBODY, we must be on our best behavior until they get use to us. PLEASE. No water ballons fights the 1st nite or air horns and firecrackers to wake people up.

Okay, we're good with those instructions, it's you we are worried about. :) Trace

Last edited:

TandT

I will try to make this rally. I am having foot surgery on Sept 20th and not sure if I will be able to drive that soon. I will ask my Dr. and then reserve a spot.

Tony, That would be great if you could make it.
Your health is first, however. There will be others, if you can't make this one. Trace

sandman

:cool::cool:Hey Bob,well put us down for # 359.I dont know if i can keep Theresa under control that weekend, but i will try. Looks like its going to be a good turn out, so take seeya soon.:p:p

Bob&Patty

Neil and Nanci, its great that you can join us.

Marty, I will bring extra duct tape if you need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.