ATF: ElkRidge - Jensen CD/DVD/Stereo

Sandie

elkridge stereo.jpgelkridge 2.jpgWhere do I start? When we initially purchased this "leftover" 2011 Elkridge this past January, we noticed there was an open space below the one with the cabinet door next to the tv and bundled up were a lot of stereo type wires but no Jensen unit. Instead a cheap looking DVD player was in its place. We questioned this and the dealership said that the DVD player was what we got. It was apparent that the unit was taken out for whatever reason...I know this as I worked at an RV dealership and trying to pull the wool over my eyes was not going to happen. I insisted on seeing the standard equip sheet for our particular unit and the Jensen was a part of it, so we insisted on making sure it was installed. They agreed but had to order a unit so we went ahead with the deal. When we took it back to have it installed, instead of installing it in the middle and frame it properly, it was installed half *** to the lower right side of that area. It looks absolutely terrible and cheaply done. Well now the unit does not even work so they ordered us another one. I asked them today to install it properly in the middle like all the new Elkridges have it and he said that the framing need to do it was no longer a part of warrenty. WHAT???? I am so not happy with this dealership right now and I am hoping Heartland can resolve this issue to our satisfaction. We love our unit and are proud of it, but I hate showing the inside to any of our friends because this looks so cheap and awful. Please Help us to get this done right.

Last edited:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes Sandie, that install looks 1/2 a$$ed to me, too. Ours is centered. Looks like they made it harder than it needed to be!

photo (1).jpg

Whoops, first time I posted it was upside down. Fixed now?

Attachments

• photo (1).jpg
    photo (1).jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 50

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
I am sorry for your problem. I can't believe a dealership would actually mount something that way! That is one of the worse intallations I have ever seen! I am sure it an be fixed though so hang in there!

Best Wishes!

Sandie

Yes this is the worst and we are so disappointed. It makes the whole unit look cheap. I hope a Rep from Heartland will get in touch with our Service Dept and make sure this is done to our satisfaction. If I don't hear from them soon, I will be making a call and talking to whomever I need to before we have the new one installed. Hopefully they will contact me soon.

Last edited:

rick_debbie_gallant

Give the brand manager a chance to look into it and answer your grievance. I am almost positive that he or she is avoiding your problem. In the mean time enjoy your new rig.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Sandie, I just posted on your other thread. You need to stop waiting for someone at the plant to respond to this thread. The brand managers will in time respond. They are busy running their part of the plant. This forum is not a direct line to the plant. The plant manager will respond but they do not have time to read everything on this forum. You need to call HL service with your VIN# and discuss it with them. I'm sure someone will contact your dealer from HL.