Black Water Tank Odor

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
I am getting a bad odor from my black water tank in my 3200RL. The odor is concentrated in the toilet area. I have resorted to doubling upon chemicals and having to keep the fan running. Anybody else experiencing this or have possible solutions? I seem to have water in the toilet keeping the seal.

Phil

J

Jeff

Black Odor!

Hi Phil:

Run the question by Scott on the Big Horn Factory Forum.

He might have an answer for you.

Take Care.

Jeff

fireflipper

EX-Travel Bug
fireflipper

Hi Phil
I had the problem but mine was due to a very uncommon problem. Check the vent and make sure it is clear. If that does not help, Walmart carries a product called Orange Blast. It is cheap and smells like oranges. I dump about two cups in after each flush, this seems to stop alot of odor and it also assists in keeping the tank clean. It breaks up the sludge better than other products and that may also be part of your problem, some of the stuff may be left in your tank after dumping, thus causing more odor. Hope this helps.

Glenn

Phil Smith

Retired South Carolina Chapter Leader
Thanks Fireflipper,

I'll check into it after I get it back from the dealer. Got a bunch of things being fixed at present. I don't expect it to be a blockage since the tanks have only been used 4 times.
Phil