Free at Last

F

Free at Last

Hi, I've been reading this forum for quite awhile now. We purchased our tow vehicle last week..a 2007 GMC 2500HD Diesel and the time has come to put in our order for our Bighorn 3055RL. I think we are going to buy it from Pricebusters in Ohio. We are going to upgrade our axles to the 7000 lb. ones because we are planning several very long trips including one to Alaska. Does anyone have any suggestions for options that we simply must have? Does anyone have any experience with Pricebusters? We will be driving back to Ohio from the West coast of Canada so our first trip will be coming home. Exciting!

gawelsh

Be sure to get dual pane windows and I recommend a 2nd AC in the bedroom. We upgraded to the large Ultraleather recliners, only to decide they're too big for the unit. So we gave them to George's daughter and her new husband and bought smaller cloth recliners, which we like better.
We also went with the 10 CF refrig , which is plenty big. Get the TrailAir hitch or whatever comparable hitch is being offered now.

HAPPY SHOPPING !!!! You're getting a great RV :)

happyrover

Must have items

To Free at Last: Welcome to the Heartland Family. We picked up our Landmark Grand Canyon on May 10th, 2007. We had almost all the options available at the time, and then added more. I totally agree with George and Lindsey, get dual pane windows, 10 cu ft refrig, 2nd A/C, and pass on the big & heavy leather chairs, which we got rid of after a month. I would recommend electric/hydraulic disc brakes if you are going to spend any time in mountain travel. I have never regretted the cost of them $2300. I also installed a 3000watt inverter and 2-120watt solar panels with 4-6volt batteries. We dry camp a lot, so it was a must for us. Installed awnings on living room and dining room windows and solar screens on the rest. Another must for time in the desert. As you can see, I have installed almost everything I can get on our rig. I really believe it is a guy thing. ha. If I add anymore, I will be way over weight and have to buy a bigger truck. Say, not a bad idea. Anyway, happy travels and be safe. See you on the road.
Mel & Nina

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
I agree with all the above and the only thing we added to ours is a built in generator. The only bad thing is the rig is now on order and we have to wait about 4 -6 weeks.